Pacific Crest 2022

On 7/4/2022 at 11:19 AM, Romeo said:

Do you ever bring anything positive to the table? From your posting history it seems like you never do.

I make plenty of positive comments. Go take a look at the Mandarin’s thread, as well as Bluecoats. When I feel there is something “positive” to say about PacCrest I will say it. But, I haven’t seen anything positive yet. 

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, OldManCorpse said:

I make plenty of positive comments. Go take a look at the Mandarin’s thread, as well as Bluecoats. When I feel there is something “positive” to say about PacCrest I will say it. But, I haven’t seen anything positive yet. 

Okay yeah, what an asinine comment. How about we celebrate the fact that drum corps is alive and well? How about that, despite setbacks, PC is developing its identity further? But no, you choose to be part of what destroys this activity. There are shows I don’t like. There are unis, music, and themes that would’ve been comical when I marched. But do I go into threads and say, “####, they’re not doing well this year?”. No, because I want to give back to the activity that served me well and help evolve it through positive change. Thankfully, your comments will mean nothing to a performer working hard while you waste away and point out flaws instead of uplifting. Get a life.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

From PC email:

Corps Update: National Tour Kicks Off Today

July began with a mini tour to Arizona, where Pacific Crest performed at the DCI Tempe show. After an appearance at the Moreno Valley Fourth of July parade, the corps traveled north, performing at the Capitol Classic and DCI West shows in NorCal. 

Today marks the start of PC's national tour, which will take the corps through the south before moving up the east coast and ending in Indy. Next stop: West Texas!

See Pacific Crest's upcoming shows on DCI.org

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brass of the South said:

PC might end up getting seeded last out of all the WC corps for San Antonio. What a fall from 14th in 2019.

If any corps had their momentum derailed from Covid after 2019, it was PC. No doubt in my mind they would have been a threat to make top 12 in 2020. 

• Like 3

Looked like a great run in Austin.  That wind though, must've been stressful on the guard.

Percussion judge wasn't kind last night.   My guess is he couldn't get the read that he wanted on them since they're staged pretty far back.   Maybe moving them up on the feature would help a bit.  IDK.

Still a few holes in brass ensemble.  I wonder if those will be filled in the next week....there are 2 noticeable areas where filling those holes would add to the effectiveness of the visual design.

I liked the homage to the original corps at the very beginning of the show.   Keep it going PC! Stay healthy and have fun!!

Edited by Metalbinky
Edit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Metalbinky said:

Looked like a great run in Austin.  That wind though, must've been stressful on the guard.

Percussion judge wasn't kind last night.   My guess is he couldn't get the read that he wanted on them since they're staged pretty far back.   Maybe moving them up on the feature would help a bit.  IDK.

Still a few holes in brass ensemble.  I wonder if those will be filled in the next week....there are 2 noticeable areas where filling those holes would add to the effectiveness of the visual design.

I liked the homage to the original corps at the very beginning of the show.   Keep it going PC! Stay healthy and have fun!!

Yep -- noticed the holes, too. 😞

Could the mention of VK mean a shark appearance in the future? Classic prop!