Pacific Crest 2022

The way things are shaping up, looks like PAC Crest is going to get passed up by a few open class corps. 

12 hours ago, OldManCorpse said:

The way things are shaping up, looks like PAC Crest is going to get passed up by a few open class corps. 

Do you ever bring anything positive to the table? From your posting history it seems like you never do.

The corps, especially guard and horn line, appear a little smaller this year.  Did PC have a difficult recruiting this year?  Perhaps Gold will provide 4 contra players to PC.

1 hour ago, dcikon2 said:

The corps, especially guard and horn line, appear a little smaller this year.  Did PC have a difficult recruiting this year?  Perhaps Gold will provide 4 contra players to PC.

I only counted 23-24 guard the other night. Corps in general looks smaller.  The design of the show though is below that of their recent offerings.  Not sure why the drop off as I really like PC and want them to do well.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Romeo said:

Do you ever bring anything positive to the table? From your posting history it seems like you never do.

I know nothing about his posting history. But he does have a point. Oceanside show, PC had nearly a five point gap on Open Class Gold. 48 hours later in San Bernardino, the gap was down to 1.9 points.

PC, like many California Corps, had a  membership dropoff due to Covid and haven't been able to recover the numbers yet. The group lost a good number of members to other corps (nothing new,  but hurts when numbers are very low). They also parted ways with the artistic director/visual designer to Phantom regiment as well as losing their visual staff.  

The kids and staff are still doing their thing,  trying to get better, cleaner, and making changes based on feedback every day.  I just want the members to put their all into the show and execute to their highest ability,  which is what i'm sure the staff will be striving for.

Edited by Metalbinky
Perspective
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I know nothing about his posting history. But he does have a point. Oceanside show, PC had nearly a five point gap on Open Class Gold. 48 hours later in San Bernardino, the gap was down to 1.9 points.

I don’t disagree with that at all. As a relative of the member I’m well-aware of the struggles they’ve been having. I’m just getting annoying by seeing “Old Man Corpse” in multiple threads with nothing positive to say. My MM has been really struggling with the online discourse surrounding PC this year despite urging from me as well as corps staff to ignore it and focus on the show. But unfortunately with social media it’s very hard to do so today. 

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

I don’t disagree with that at all. As a relative of the member I’m well-aware of the struggles they’ve been having. I’m just getting annoying by seeing “Old Man Corpse” in multiple threads with nothing positive to say. My MM has been really struggling with the online discourse surrounding PC this year despite urging from me as well as corps staff to ignore it and focus on the show. But unfortunately with social media it’s very hard to do so today. 

I can relate. My son marches for Gold. Social Media and the Microwave Society we live in can definitely suck at times. 

But you are doing the right thing by telling them to keep their heads up, and keep pushing. That's all any of us can do in all aspects of life. 

PC isn't struggling. They are rebuilding. I bet you the same idiots that are trashing PC today, are the same ones who were praising them back in 2019 when PC had their amazing finals week run with Everglow. 

PC is doing just fine. Even in 2019 they were not really getting the buzz love they did until after moving east. I remember that show wasn’t on flo early on other that the very early California shows. Then it was overlooked by most until Allentown when “whoa. Where did THIS come from?”  

They have a staff that knows how to clean and fix things for finals and will!

Tell him to get pictures with all the iconic props cause that’s such a fun theme idea!  It’s our annual end of season prop sale thread come to life!

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 3