The Academy 2022

I didnt see an Academy thread for 2022 yet so I thought I'd make one! They had their send off show tonight, did not make their memorial day event so this was my first time hearing them this season and I have to say I really liked what I heard. The show is exciting and well played, the sound is loud and full for this early in the season and it seemed like the crowd was also really into it. Excited to hear and see more in about a month when they are back in AZ for Drums Across the Desert. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, raceman132 said:

I didnt see an Academy thread for 2022 yet so I thought I'd make one! They had their send off show tonight, did not make their memorial day event so this was my first time hearing them this season and I have to say I really liked what I heard. The show is exciting and well played, the sound is loud and full for this early in the season and it seemed like the crowd was also really into it. Excited to hear and see more in about a month when they are back in AZ for Drums Across the Desert. 

Raceman 132: I am in total agreement with your initial assessment of THE ACADEMY "Send Off" show. THE ACADEMY 2022 production: "A WORLD OF MY IMAGINATION." It surely got me to stand up and take notice!  Over the years THE ACADEMY has developed a following and reputation for presenting Fan Friendly shows, in very entertaining "Story Telling Fashion." Thanks to FloMarching, Fans will be able to catch their three, June SoCal shows prior to attending it's stellar "World Class" home Show line-up, July 2nd at Arizona State Sun Devil Stadium.

Getting to actually follow the development of the Corps "Creation" throughout the DCI Summer Tour, should prove to be quite tasty and Delightfully Satisfying. ENJOY! 

I'm just looking forward to a new year minus Lindsey. I'm sure she's talented in many ways, but she nearly ruined me for Academy during her tenure there. I sincerely hope they're back to their entertaining ways and with really cool uniforms again. 

Edited by JohnZ

On 6/13/2022 at 8:46 AM, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'm just looking forward to a new year minus Lindsey. I'm sure she's talented in many ways, but she nearly ruined me for Academy during her tenure there. I sincerely hope they're back to their entertaining ways and with really cool uniforms again. 

When More Is Better: In defense of "Lindsey Vento," I  enjoyed some hilarious conversations with her. YES, I firmly agree that she is very talented and the custodian of an exhaustive "Creative Mind". I admired the audacity of Lindsey Vento, much Like that of Tammy Faye. Both women were, unapologetically, living Their True Authentic Selves. They both possessed a Rare Gift, that "Present"ed" itself, in full public display for its receptive audiences.  Their innate ability to light up a room with such passion and fervor was and to this day contagious. They were "Eye Candy" on first sight.  I dare say both are Iconic.  What I am so grateful for and appreciative of, was like so many others, was being able to bear witness as these two "individuals" who Lived and Will Live to Enjoy Knowingly or Not their "Legacy" in their lifetimes.

In Closing, I promise. The "Vento" Legacy will continue to Grow and Develop by way of Lindsey's husband Steve, who is the music arraigner/music coordinator for THE ACADEMY 2022 Summer Tour production: "A WORLD OF MY CREATION". 

HEY! keystone3ply, I hope you ENJOY The Show.  

Edited by JohnZ
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DrumCorpsRelic said:

In Closing, I promise. The "Vento" Legacy will continue to Grow and Develop by way of Lindsey's husband Steve, who is the music arraigner/music coordinator for THE ACADEMY 2022 Summer Tour production: "A WORLD OF MY CREATION". 

To be honest, I think the wrong Vento may have stayed... For me, the musical product is what diminished when Townsend/Klesch departed, not thematic programming/vision.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2022 at 4:30 PM, JohnZ said:

Pretty sure The Academy deserves a little more respectful discussion thread - off topic comments have been removed.  Let's see where it goes from here.

I Totally agree with you JohnZ, and hope for the same.

Come next week in SoCal, The LIVE, FloMarching streaming of THE ACADEMY Performances, June 24, 25 & 27, should provide an the early indication of what the fans in the stands and those viewing on FloMarching can come to expect.  After several initial listening and viewings, (NO SPOILERS) I did come away with a Strong Energetic sense and matching vibe from from the marching members and in the audience response to "A WORLD OF MY CREATION" production.

Now that the season has officially begun, could someone kindly post The Academy's repertoire?  Or is it still top secret 🤐 

Thank you!