Tuesday, July 5th - MidCal Champions Showcase - Fresno, California

not a fan of mandarins this year though i think the visual design is really good other than the megaprop integration which just kind of looks like a mess in the middle of the field most of the time. 

musically, it feels like a wgi show with brass as a bottom priority that sounded okay enough on midi instruments.  the vocalist has a terrific voice, but that's not a good arrangement imo.  i'm sure i'll like it all a lot more when they're performing it better. 

For a vocalist, I really like his voice! It gives a Crown 2017 feeling in terms of balance so far. Mandarins are looking like a top 9 corps right now!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Well.  Said I wasn’t sure Mandarins would be moving up this year.  Might have to change that sentiment based on what they’re doing and what I’ve seen of other corps.  Might be welcoming them into the single digits this year. 

Strongly agree !!

• Like 2

Just now, Lance said:

not a fan of mandarins this year though i think the visual design is really good other than the megaprop integration which just kind of looks like a mess in the middle of the field most of the time. 

I’m into it! Very … “War zone — but make it fashion.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I got distracted by the Mandarins for a brief moment. I saw those yellow chains or ropes and thought they were a leash for the bulldog on the field. I missed my nap today!!!

• Haha 2