Tuesday, July 5th - MidCal Champions Showcase - Fresno, California

I didn't see BD beating SCV in drums again tonite.   Watch them both in the lot for more than 2 minutes.   You'll know.   Scott Johnson is so good at watering down the snare parts and hiding them in the back for about 80% of the show.   Really need to get the drum judge back on the field.  This is ridiculous.   SCV should be beating BD in drums by a least a point.  Watch them both in sectionals at practice.  It pains me to say this, because i know kids in BD's line and staff.   I say it like i see it.

Edited by 27Socal
clarity
  • Like 4

This experienced judging panel gave a lot of upside for BD in content with room to grow in achievement. In other words, they feel BD has the show, they just need to perform to the design given to them.  That’s good news for them in quite a few areas on the sheets.  Time to clean. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Lance said:

just looked at brass scores, and i'm glad to see that i'm not too far off where I would put scv and bd.  i think brass wise, they're a lot closer than a lot of people might think and i think it'll stay that way all season.  i think bd has more room to improve, actually.  

SCV’s hornline sounded great, not many complaints from me, very good very good. And yes, BD has considerable room for improvement, but that’s not to their detriment, as their POTENTIAL product that they can put out there with their hornline will be fantastic come August.

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 1

Just now, Vidal28Rdg said:

SCV’s hornline sounded great, not many complaints from me, very good very good. And yes, BD has considerable room for improvement, but that’s not to their detriment, as their POTENTIAL product that they can put out there with their hornline will be fantastic come August.

for sure.  i didn't mean it as a negative for bd.  i just don't think they're performing all that great yet, but the difference between pasadena and tonight was so positive, and i know they'll just keep upping that. scv already sounds pretty solid in the 3/4 of the show we've heard, at least IMO.  a few places where articulation, dynamics, and balance can be tidied up for sure, but I think bd has more room in all of those, as well as intonation.  again, i think i need to just not watch any more west coast shows until the first big corps meetup, whenever that is.  

• Like 2

Just now, Lance said:

for sure.  i didn't mean it as a negative for bd.  i just don't think they're performing all that great yet, but the difference between pasadena and tonight was so positive, and i know they'll just keep upping that. scv already sounds pretty solid in the 3/4 of the show we've heard, at least IMO.  a few places where articulation, dynamics, and balance can be tidied up for sure, but I think bd has more room in all of those, as well as intonation.  again, i think i need to just not watch any more west coast shows until the first big corps meetup, whenever that is.  

Oh yeah of course, didn’t think you meant it that way either. BD has considerably more highs in the “VIBE” department(lol) I think, compared to SCV, the serotonin booster that is still definitely a bit rough around the edges and it’s very apparent haha, but they’re definitely making those arrangements really sparkle and their improvement of course from the start of the season has been great to hear. I solely heard and didn’t watch the shows tonight, I can always do that in the rebroadcast tomorrow👀

• Like 1