The state of parades after Highland Park

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The Highland Park PD had been to the Crimo home because he had threatened to kill the entire family.  His father sponsored him for his FOID three months after the police had been to the home.  You have to be 21 to apply for a FOID without a co-signer. 

I don't get people having zero common sense like this.  This is why they need to be held accountable.

• Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I believe the other ones in the region cancelled for several reasons, including at first there was a manhunt for the shooter. that one may not happen going forward, or at least take on a  different tone in the future

Forget which town it was that cancelled but it was a 20 minute drive away from HP and gunman was still at large. As ID and motive were unknown who is to know that the gunman wasn’t targeting parades.

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Plus, I heard he was on psychotropic drugs because of depression and suicide attempts.

You know, someone out there did a study finding these psychotropic drugs are in a LOT of people doing this stuff.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/asaferconnecticut/tmy/0129/Sheila Matthews - Cofounder of Ablechild.pdf

• Like 2

I have a feeling that this will happen more often on parades. Don’t see why not, considering the number of derelict people in this country that have easy access to these types of weapons because of “some reason”.

As more of these incidents happen, the public will make a decision to avoid being shooting targets until things change, which don’t seem likely to happen for “some reason”.

It hurt my heart to hear of the father who felt he had to put his toddler in a dumpster during the incident to keep the toddler safe.

Edited by jaylogan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jaylogan said:

I have a feeling that this will happen more often on parades. Don’t see why not, considering the number of derelict people in this country that have easy access to these types of weapons because of “some reason”.

As more of these incidents happen, the public will make a decision to avoid being shooting targets until things change, which don’t seem to be a likely thing to happen for “some reason”.

What is “some reason”?

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

What is “some reason”?

You can’t talk about it in this thread because of the rules.

23 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

You know, someone out there did a study finding these psychotropic drugs are in a LOT of people doing this stuff.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/asaferconnecticut/tmy/0129/Sheila Matthews - Cofounder of Ablechild.pdf

No argument some doctors are too quick to prescribe to try to fix the symptoms. Had it in in laws family with school aged member who supposedly had ADHD (actually he was easily bored). 
My concern is pendulum going other way as had extended family member (my side) with intermittent paranoia issues. At times carried Saturday Night special in her purse. But she refused to see a doc and “can’t force until she tries to hurt someone”. Mumbling rants didn’t count 😬

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The Highland Park PD had been to the Crimo home because he had threatened to kill the entire family.  His father sponsored him for his FOID three months after the police had been to the home.  You have to be 21 to apply for a FOID without a co-signer. 

In NY State police summoned for this type of situation would have the responsibility and power to place that individual under “mental hygiene arrest” as presenting a threat to himself or the lives of others and requiring an evaluation by a psychiatric professional within 72 hours.

• Thanks 1