Sunday, July 10th - “DCI West” … Stanford Stadium – Stanford University – Palo Alto, California

FINALLY got to see this closer after what felt like forever. It works, but now it makes the show feel very Babylon-esque. Changes will obviously be made over the coming weeks, so my worriers will probably be cleared by then (right?)

I am sure this has been said this season, but JD Shaw arrangements really make a lot of difference, especially for pacing imo

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lance said:

sounds great and the brass still aren't close to firing on all cylinders yet, and i don't think that was the best musical runthrough i've seen so far.

That was my thought. the TECHNIQUE is really shining right now, and it looks like they’re currently holding back on that masterfully aggressive style I’ve come to love — but only for now. I think they sound wonderful. When they let loose and unleash the 2018 line’s power this show is really going to be something. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 1

SCV is not going to be higher than 5th with this show.  It is just not clicking yet and is missing GE.  Not really sure it's safe in 5th either, ouch.

• Like 5

I'm a huge SCV fan ... would be thrilled if they won every year. But that was very sloppy. The design isn't great, but they aren't performing it well (yet) either. I'm worried for them this year. Hopefully they can pull it together.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

6 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Huge moment but the guard just doesn’t give off much effect 

Praying they abandon the variations on the purple silks and give a little heat and color with the flags. It’s just not giving this guard the visibility it deserves. Their technique and writing is good! Show them off! 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2

I wish finals could be on a field like this. No logos and super-faint yard lines is wonderful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

That was my thought. the TECHNIQUE is really shining right now, and it looks like they’re currently holding back on that masterfully aggressive style I’ve come to love — but only for now. I think they sound wonderful. When they let loose and unleash the 2018 line’s power this show is really going to be something. 

This is a good point.  The trumpets were showing this for sure.  I'm sure they're going to let them blow it out soon enough as we get to the big regionals.