Tuesday, July 12th - “Drums Across America - America” … Eddie S. Henderson Stadium at Midtown High School – Atlanta, GEORGIA

10 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Great Show!! All the Corps had great runs. Weather was absolutely perfect. Congratulations to all the performers!!!

Hope this is a regular show in the city. I think the community was taking a peek to see what was happening.  Hope the weather is this nice for the Southeastern Championship which is outside this year at the World-renowned 1996 Olympic Stadium ( GA State Center Parc Stadium). I believe the only corps to perform in this venue was the 1996 Cadets for the Olympic Closing ceremony. 

Nice fact! We’re actually a week away from the 26 year anniversary of the opening ceremony to the Atlanta games!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Great Show!! All the Corps had great runs. Weather was absolutely perfect. Congratulations to all the performers!!!

Hope this is a regular show in the city. I think the community was taking a peek to see what was happening.  Hope the weather is this nice for the Southeastern Championship which is outside this year at the World-renowned 1996 Olympic Stadium ( GA State Center Parc Stadium). I believe the only corps to perform in this venue was the 1996 Cadets for the Olympic Closing ceremony. 

This is one of Spirit's home shows & is usually held in Powder Springs @McEachern HS.  👍     

38 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

This is one of Spirit's home shows & is usually held in Powder Springs @McEachern HS.  👍     

Gotcha. They should keep it in Atlanta. Most of the City Of Atlanta knows nothing about Spirit of Atlanta and DCI imo. I was surprised that this show was at an APS school bc they do a totally different style of marching( show style)

• Like 1

That 5 point Crossmen to Music City spread was cut to 4. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Gotcha. They should keep it in Atlanta. Most of the City Of Atlanta knows nothing about Spirit of Atlanta and DCI imo. I was surprised that this show was at an APS school bc they do a totally different style of marching( show style)

A guy with Spirit told us there was issues with the water systems at Powder Springs. They couldn’t get a definite date for the show. Turns out the Atlanta City Public Schools fine arts director is a board member at Spirit and now a new relationship with APS was born. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

A guy with Spirit told us there was issues with the water systems at Powder Springs. They couldn’t get a definite date for the show. Turns out the Atlanta City Public Schools fine arts director is a board member at Spirit and now a new relationship with APS was born. 

Thanks for the info. I actually met her. She was really nice.  She mentioned how they should have had a lot and shuttled people to the stadium. But I think theyll figure it out in the future. I parked in the neighborhood with no problem. 

Nothing against McEachern which has a great stadium, but I'd prefer the Midtown due to location. Alot of restaurants close by to head to before the show. And the beltline is right there. You can hit up Ponce City Market, etc.

Anyway it was a great show and the neighborhood got to hear the sounds of DCI. I saw some people on their porches as I walked back to my car and peeping through the fence. 

• Like 3

Also heard the back ground of the change in venue.  I really hope they keep Midtown High School in the schedule moving forward.  Having the sunset over the Midtown Atlanta Skyscrapers with the Corps on the field was beautiful!  

Enjoyed visiting with the Crown fans who sat behind us!  

I had forgotten how much more I enjoy Drum Corps at smaller venues.  Such a great evening!  

• Like 3