THE STANDSTILLS HAVE ALREADY BEGUN

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m going north for the Cincinnati show and DCI.  I’m bringing a jacket! 🥶 

I had a couple extended family members come up from the Miami area a few years ago, in September when it was 86, and they wore sweaters...excuse me?! Don't you know that you can stay hydrated by breathing here?! Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

Wish there was a "love" react emoji for this post. Knowledge is power!

Thank you all by the way. I still have soooo much to learn but weather is my first and foremost passion, though funny enough band put up a real good fight for major choice going into college. Music Ed sounded really good to my ears senior year 😂

18 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Resident Meteorology Student and Storm Chaser here...happy to see some weather enthusiasts on this platform. Definitely makes me feel more at home, met someone who works for the NWS through another band forum which was really cool. 

Is that what you’re seeing? All I’m seeing are horror stories😅 

But while we have you, what’s the humidity like on Mars? Because I have clearly got to get off of this planet 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I had a couple extended family members come up from the Miami area a few years ago, in September when it was 86, and they wore sweaters...excuse me?! Don't you know that you can stay hydrated by breathing here?! Lol.

There are a few areas in the country where you could practically stay hydrated just from breathing the waterlogged air  and not be near the coast in the slightest. People from back in Texas where I used to live always get so confused when I tell them there are times when eastern Nebraska is more humid than San Antonio 😂. Evapotranspiration FTW! Lol. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

There are a few areas in the country where you could practically stay hydrated just from breathing the waterlogged air  and not be near the coast in the slightest. People from back in Texas where I used to live always get so confused when I tell them there are times when eastern Nebraska is more humid than San Antonio 😂. Evapotranspiration FTW! Lol. 

The humidity today here was 74%, which is pretty low. About a week ago it was in the mid 90%. I miss being able to go outside, due to being bed ridden thanks to my knee surgery, but that day I was thankful I couldn't go outside. Lol.

Where in the southeast are you moving, Cappy?

Edited by drumhead31
Clarity

5 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Is that what you’re seeing? All I’m seeing are horror stories😅 

But while we have you, what’s the humidity like on Mars? Because I have clearly got to get off of this planet 

HA! Good luck with the completely saturated air and much harsher weather conditions. You’d be much better off sitting on the frying pan bleachers and watching drum corps all day back on earth haha. There’s a reason why they’d have to build domes for people on mars. 

2 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

San Antonio is not an area I associate with humidity anyways haha. I mostly just leave that to coastal, eastern Texas. DFW escapes the volatility of plains scorching temps, you rarely see high 100’s more so mid 100’s and lower during the summers, not much hotter than that, and it’s not really humid in much of DFW either. The humidity of much of the midwestern region surprised me quite a bit though, it can definitely lead to more inhospitable days than one might expect, even if it doesn’t break triple digits!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drumhead31 said:

Where in the southeast are you moving, Cappy?

Likely metro Atlanta!

32 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Resident Meteorology Student and Storm Chaser here...happy to see some weather enthusiasts on this platform. Definitely makes me feel more at home, met someone who works for the NWS through another band forum which was really cool. 

30+ years in the NWS here. Hoping to put some volunteer hours in for a corps (any corps) after I retire in a few years.

• Like 1