Friday, July 29th “The Masters of Summer Music Games” … Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro, TENNESSEE

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Already won me over music wise for this year even though I’d like them to have a different vibe to their music program the next few years, I know their music selection is generally pretty diverse genre wise, but maybe a little less dark? More light?😂

I'm struggling to think of a bright show in my era or anytime nearby.

If I'm honest, I don't think SC ever really left the dark years. I'd welcome a brighter sound just 'cause I like new things.

• Like 1

When recaps are "all over the place", it likely means the judges are scoring what is on the field and not slotting. You're talking about 4 corps within 2 pts of one another and captions decided by a tenth here or there, and you're surprised by this? People have no idea what they want... Do you want judges to judge what's on the field or slot? 

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I'm struggling to think of a bright show in my era or anytime nearby.

If I'm honest, I don't think SC ever really left the dark years. I'd welcome a brighter sound just 'cause I like new things.

Their 2016 opener was so light and beautiful and elegant, not dark at all, at least imo. I think I’d die of happiness if one of their more recent hornlines played that opener, or just went that route more, no doubt. Same excellence from their pit so that could be easily transplanted😭

the uniforms that year were also top notch

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, fanman said:

Another poster regurgitating the same pro BD stuff for people who want to watch the same thing every year. 

Open to novel pro BD arguments. Otherwise, nothing new. Over it. 

You don’t seem to be over it. I’m not pro-BD. I would love them to finish 4th this year, but it’s not the same thing ever year. They are no more the same than anyone else. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

4. BD, screamers aplenty, foreign sounding moaning, percussion-led extended dance breaks(they’re not the only one that does this but it’s especially prominent with them🙃) increasing technical *flexing* as their show goes on. Very triumphant *tearjerking* closers(results may vary on the year how 😭😭they are but they are affective/effective on fans generally)

Isn't that "foreign sounding moaning" part of the Dune movie soundtrack?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, brassboy said:

It was Ausdemore. He's judged maybe more shows than anyone else this season. He definitely called it the way he saw it.

As he should, but whenever anyone is expecting a different score after hearing both the horns and drums streaming over the internet and not being down on the field in a judges green shirt, the judged messed up. It’s so tired.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Their 2016 opener was so light and beautiful and elegant, not dark at all, at least imo. I think I’d die of happiness if one of their more recent hornlines played that opener, or just went that route more, no doubt. Same excellence from their pit so that could be easily transplanted😭

The force is strong with them this year and hopefully in for long into the future. I think brighter shows are better on everyone's psyche, that's for sure.

We just do dark sound so well. :shedevil:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

When recaps are "all over the place", it likely means the judges are scoring what is on the field and not slotting. You're talking about 4 corps within 2 pts of one another and captions decided by a tenth here or there, and you're surprised by this? People have no idea what they want... Do you want judges to judge what's on the field or slot? 

Duh - They want them to slot when the slotting is in their favor, and judge what’s on the field when that’s in their favor. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

You don’t seem to be over it. I’m not pro-BD. I would love them to finish 4th this year, but it’s not the same thing ever year. They are no more the same than anyone else. 

Probably a miscommunication. In my original post I said I was over the BD show because it is same same in my opinion.  Then someone replied and #### posted they were over my opinion about BD. So my intent was to say I’m over their opinion about BD 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1