Friday, July 29th “The Masters of Summer Music Games” … Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro, TENNESSEE

4 hours ago, Barneveld said:

Fell asleep early and missed the show. Just getting caught up with all the comments.

No whining from this Boston supporter. Congratulations to the Blue Devils tonight!! To be the best, you have to beat the best. And the Blue Devils are the gold standard of excellence in the activity.

I remain proud of my Crusaders! Keep working hard/smart.

With only 2 weeks left in this fantastic season, I hope all corps remain (or get) healthy. Enjoy these next couple of weeks everyone!!

I agree, Barneveld.  This Boston supporter is not whining either.   I, too, fell asleep last night.  These central time zone shows complete with rain delays are brutal on us East Coasters.

I would have slept through the night but I got a text from a BAC horn player around 1:45 my time very excited about the job they did.  He said the staff is keeping them focused like a laser beam on the performance levels and they can't wait for tonight.

He did tell me that as of right now, nobody in Boston is sick.  It would seem as though the corps being sealed away in a giant mayonnaise jar under Funk and Wagnell's porch is working...for now.

(And I just lost everyone under the age of 50.....)

Anyway,  CRUSADE ON!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

if i am i'm sure as hell not telling anyone here

I’m not playing for anything than 1.5 B

6 hours ago, henry7184 said:

You don’t seem to be over it. I’m not pro-BD. I would love them to finish 4th this year, but it’s not the same thing ever year. They are no more the same than anyone else. 

I'd say the top groups are formulaic within themselves... except Bluecoats. I agree that it's not the "same," but they do follow a recipe whether they do it consciously or not.

• Like 1

Just waking up to the recap sheet this morning.

Crown 4th in brass... Bloo 1st in percussion... 😳

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I'd say the top groups are formulaic within themselves... except Bluecoats. I agree that it's not the "same," but they do follow a recipe whether they do it consciously or not.

Bluecoats are as formulaic as anyone else. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Bluecoats are as formulaic as anyone else. 

Obviously I disagree. I can't name two similar formulas from them since this design team took over in 2013. I guess "big props" could be formulaic, but I'm thinking of the other aspects of design. This year, for example, much narration and no clear ballad.

Edited by kdaddy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Just waking up to the recap sheet this morning.

Crown 4th in brass... Bloo 1st in percussion... 😳

Bloo deserves the win, but it should be noted that SCV did not march. That could have had a big impact on final ranking, too.