Friday, July 29th “The Masters of Summer Music Games” … Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro, TENNESSEE

8 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

The force is strong with them this year and hopefully in for long into the future. I think brighter shows are better on everyone's psyche, that's for sure.

We just do dark sound so well. :shedevil:

Indeed you do!! I could only put out a “😬😬“ kind of expression for most of the show with how overwhelming they are sometimes seeing them live, but it’s always very much a positive for me that that’s the case haha. Their 2018 and 2019 closers have quite an uplifting feel to them, but I think to do it as effective as possible, the more delicate you start, the more emphatic you can become. Corps you can say approach this affect the best are BD and now that they are back and showcasing this more, Phantom as well. I’d say they’re tops for me in the “triumphant, tearjerking” vibes

Edited by Vidal28Rdg

I didn’t get to see the show tonight but congrats to all the marchers!!

8 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Indeed you do!! I could only put out a “😬😬“ kind of expression for most of the show with how overwhelming they are sometimes seeing them live, but it’s always very much a positive for me that that’s the case haha. Their 2018 and 2019 closers have quite an uplifting feel to them, but I think to do it as effective as possible, the more delicate you start, the more emphatic you can become. Corps you can say approach this affect the best are BD and now that they are back and showcasing this more, Phantom as well. I’d say they’re tops for me in the “triumphant, tearjerking” vibes

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475h9ibkt71etnygehn8

For me, it comes back to the emotional/psychological effect of the show the audiences leaves with. So many of Vanguard's shows are dark sounding, including dark themes. And that's fine, I LOVE those.

But why not leave audiences refreshed instead? I think that's where 22 is headed.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
must be getting sleepy.......
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475h9ibkt71etnygehn8

For me, it comes back to the emotional/psychological effect of the show the audiences leaves with. So many of Vanguard's show are dark sounding, include dark themes. And that's fine, I LOVE those.

But why not leave audiences refreshed instead? I think that's where 22 is headed.

I wanted to add this to my last comment, but that pit can play as light as a feather…it’s been shown and done before with amazing effect, so they have the tools to make those particular “feels” happen just as good as the two other corps I mentioned!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

Duh - They want them to slot when the slotting is in their favor, and judge what’s on the field when that’s in their favor. 🙂

Nailed it. 

• Like 2

Fell asleep early and missed the show. Just getting caught up with all the comments.

2 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

CALLED IT!! NOW LET THE WHINING BEGIN!! 😂

No whining from this Boston supporter. Congratulations to the Blue Devils tonight!! To be the best, you have to beat the best. And the Blue Devils are the gold standard of excellence in the activity.

I remain proud of my Crusaders! Keep working hard/smart.

With only 2 weeks left in this fantastic season, I hope all corps remain (or get) healthy. Enjoy these next couple of weeks everyone!!

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Fell asleep early and missed the show. Just getting caught up with all the comments.

No whining from this Boston supporter. Congratulations to the Blue Devils tonight!! To be the best, you have to beat the best. And the Blue Devils are the gold standard of excellence in the activity.

I remain proud of my Crusaders! Keep working hard/smart.

With only 2 weeks left in this fantastic season, I hope all corps remain (or get) healthy. Enjoy these next couple of weeks everyone!!

I don't think he was referring to the classy BAC fan base whining. I think he is referring to the ABBD crowd whining since the majority of them have jumped on the BAC bandwagon since they seem to have the best shot at beating BD at this point. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, NebraskaGBR said:

7:00 PM Welcome & National Anthem
  7:13 PM Music City – Nashville, TN    
  7:31 PM Blue Knights – Denver, CO            
  7:49 PM The Cavaliers – Rosemont, IL
  8:07 PM      Blue Stars – La Crosse, WI          
  8:25 PM Santa Clara Vanguard – Santa Clara, CA      
  8:43 PM     … Intermission …   
  9:06 PM Bluecoats – Canton, OH    
  9:24 PM Carolina Crown – Fort Mill, SC            
  9:42 PM Boston Crusaders – Boston, MA