Allentown Schedules Posted (plus scores needed to move up in Indy timing)

Friday:

6:30 Welcome

7:10 The Academy

7:27 Music City

7:44 Blue Knights

8:01 Mandarins

8:18 Colts

8:35 Intermission

8:55 Phantom Regiment

9:12 Bluecoats

9:29 Blue Devils

9:46 Boston Crusaders

10:36 Scores

Saturday:

6:30 Welcome

6:40 Sonus Brass Theatre

6:52 Reading Buccaneers

7:09 Genesis

7:26 Jersey Surf

7:43 Pacific Crest

8:00 Madison Scouts

8:17 Troopers

8:34 Intermission

8:54 Crossmen

9:11 The Cavaliers

9:28 Blue Stars

9:45 Santa Clara Vanguard

10:02 The Cadets

10:19 Carolina Crown

10:36 Scores

Current Prelims Positions and Scores Needed to Move Up (Assuming that judges don't pull from both shows for the corps that competed in both)

If a corps scores X points higher than the corps directly above them on the list, they'll move up a spot for Prelims Seeding.

Blue Devils

Boston Crusaders (-2.475)

Carolina Crown (-1.650)

Bluecoats (-2.025)

Santa Clara Vanguard (-3.639)

The Cadets (-7.461)

Blue Stars (-3.396)

Mandarins (-4.125)

The Cavaliers (-0.018)

Phantom Regiment (-2.361)

Colts (-9.039)

Blue Knights (-0.825)

Crossmen (-0.282)

Troopers (-9.279)

Madison Scouts (-3.789)

The Academy (-4.125)

Music City (-2.811)

Pacific Crest (-7.164)

Genesis (-2.325)

Jersey Surf (-7.650)

Edited by FaustianMachine
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Seems like Cavies, BK, and Crossmen are the only ones who could realistically improve their standing 

Seems like this regional will be nothing more than another read for judges potentially judging at finals

• Like 5

Is prelims done in "groups of three" draws?  if so, then it's really only seeing which two of Colts/Xmen/BK get into the 9-12 draw and who is the odd one out. 

58 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Seems like Cavies, BK, and Crossmen are the only ones who could realistically improve their standing 

Seems like this regional will be nothing more than another read for judges potentially judging at finals

yeah, expecting Cavaliers to jump into probably 7th, or maybe just 8th as they head toward Indy - I'm proud of the members! They've really kept pushing - no quit in these guys

As you say, a lot of corps up and down the rankings on an island - we may see Boston overtake BD, will depend on the panel - not a "home crowd" for Boston but it's close. And us Cadets folks will be pulling for them big time. The 10th-14th group probably the most interesting, and also have some of my favorite shows.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Is prelims done in "groups of three" draws?  if so, then it's really only seeing which two of Colts/Xmen/BK get into the 9-12 draw and who is the odd one out. 

If I remember right, only the regional do groups of 3. For Prelims, I think they just average those scores and you land where you land. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm pushing for Cadets to stick that 6th position and build to an even better 2023.

retention is the key - geographically with Crown south, Boston north and Coats west, it's been challenging - sixth would be terrific, once I saw them I was hoping for 7th, but Covid once again has impacted these kids, I feel badly for them - lots of them didn't get a prom, didn't get a graduation ceremony, didn't get a real/normal senior year of HS, were contracted and lost out on 2020, got a mini 2021, and now in 2022 it's impacting them again

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

retention is the key - geographically with Crown south, Boston north and Coats west, it's been challenging - sixth would be terrific, once I saw them I was hoping for 7th, but Covid once again has impacted these kids, I feel badly for them - lots of them didn't get a prom, didn't get a graduation ceremony, didn't get a real/normal senior year of HS, were contracted and lost out on 2020, got a mini 2021, and now in 2022 it's impacting them again

The Mid Atlantic is such a huge and wealthy place; The Cadets BETTER be getting in some of that action! There's room for them on the East coast!

• Like 1

Just now, jjeffeory said:

The Mid Atlantic is such a huge and wealthy place; The Cadets BETTER be getting in some of that action! There's room for them on the East coast!

absolutely, but for the 90s and 2000s they practically had it to themselves, 2005 is probably when things started southward / they still matched BD in talent then, due to some very poor designs...

• Like 1

Yeah I've lived in DC and am completely unaware of the HS band scene and what it might generate. But there's money out here.  They don't seem to jump for BOA competitions in DC/MD/VA so much but perhaps this was US Bands territory?  I dunno.  

• Like 1