Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes, in clusters.  We'll probably get a bunch of pre-intermissions scores all at once

Can't help but think to the old days of score tabulators. Bunch of blue haired old ladies sitting right on the front edge of the field. When our snares played right up front on the 50 (which was 90% of our drill at the time) we'd wink at them hoping for a little nudge in scoring. 

• Like 1

Ok Southwind is up next.  It's so good to see them back.  They've got another smart show that stays within their corps abilities and teaches them to go further.  It might not be as ambitious as that fantastic Toxic show they did, but it's not a 'step back' either, particularly considering the COVID layoff and the pressures that put on Open Class corps' financial structures.

• Like 1

Great staging from Battalion. I really like where that group is headed.

• Like 2

Just now, OldSnareDrummer said:

Can't help but think to the old days of score tabulators. Bunch of blue haired old ladies sitting right on the front edge of the field. When our snares played right up front on the 50 (which was 90% of our drill at the time) we'd wink at them hoping for a little nudge in scoring. 

Is this a lowkey, "We were doing 'the wink' before it was cool"  ?  😄

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

Great staging from Battalion. I really like where that group is headed.

I like how they use the field smartly through the show to feature their group but not lose their size in the space.  Then at the end spread the corps wider as though to say "see us grow."    It doesn't dilute the ending at all either in my view. 

• Like 1

There's a nice use of color in Southwind's show to watch for.

We had a poster on here who, before the pandemic, was bent on auditioning for Southwind didn't we?   I wonder if he's out there today!

• Like 1

Just now, OldSnareDrummer said:

Color color color ..nice. 

Yeah i'm not sold on the hoodie part of the black when they have them on, but this color bomb is really effective.