Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

1 minute ago, 27Socal said:

Was that the year they actually won or was that 75?

They never won.  They were considered the favorite in 75, but were DQ’d after prelims and no score was announced.  I have the prelims recording and I think they would have won.  The horn line was better than anyone else and very clean!

That lady from the Mandarins is a dead ringer for the woman who proceeded me in my position and was a great friend and mentor.  

She passed away during the pandemic (not from COVID) 

I did a double take...twice.  

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Have you not met Hook'em?  Two things to know

1. He'll always want Cavies on top.  Honk honk.
2. More tuba

Ah...duly noted! They DID catch Cadets in 2000 with the Niagara Falls show. Best Finals I ever got to attend actually.

1 minute ago, Vdad76 said:

They never won.  They were considered the favorite in 75, but were DQ’d after prelims and no score was announced.  I have the prelims recording and I think they would have won.  The horn line was better than anyone else and very clean!

Some people say that Don Pesceone burned those sheets.   I like know if someone now actually has a copy.

CONGRATS Vanguard Cadets on your Open Class Championship and the Clean Sweep of all the Caption Awards.

May I add Kudos for their Best display of the this years "White and Yellow" color trend of the year in Open Class.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, strutta said:

Ah...duly noted! They DID catch Cadets in 2000 with the Niagara Falls show. Best Finals I ever got to attend actually.

That was the last one I was able to attend!  A doozy for a lot of corps.  

Was Joe Courtney the guy who ran the World of Pageanty newspaper in the LA  area?