2023 Season Predictions

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

Thank you for the word “snark”. I looked it up and not really a word but a reference to an imaginary animal. But I like it. I’m going to use it. 

You never heard “snark”?  I am the QUEEN of snark!  Allow me to welcome you!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

That would be cool. I was thinking…,Don’t be snarky or snarkley. I really love the word.  

Um.  Snarky has been a thing for ages and ages and ages now.

futurama-serious.gif

I'm trying to decide if i'm being pranked here or not!

🤣

• Haha 4

I mean Lewis Carroll used snark as an mysterious animal..but that was quite a bit longer ago that me.

The second meaning at dictioary.com is how its been used in like...all of my life time.

Then there's THIS

https://www.snarkypuppy.com

Which has been around for almost 20 years now...(hard to believe)  and I look forward to seeing some of their new stuff on the field soon.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 1:00 PM, Orwellian Wiress said:

I have a feeling Top 5 is gonna change dramatically. Should corps like Crown and Boston keep their staff, it's safe to say they'll perform well next year. Also seems to be an upward trend for Mandarins too.

I just got a reaction notification for this. Thank you @nero14 for reminding me how well this aged, especially the last sentence

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 11:03 AM, ibexpercussion said:

I am going to do this a bit differently, but still predict rankings.

-Blue Devils 1st-2nd (because until they finish lower than 2nd, how can you think otherwise)
-Bluecoats 1st-4th
-Boston 1st-4th
-Crown 3rd-5th (I feel like they need an improvement design-wise in relation to the musical book and program theme, seemed to be a disconnect on that this year)
-SCV 3rd-6th
-Cadets 3rd-7th
-Blue Stars 6th-13th (I know this is a wide range, but if you are not one of the elite 4 or 5 at the top, it is hard to sustain the success)
-Cavaliers 5th-10th
-Mandarins 6th-10th
-Phantom 6th-11th
-Crossmen 10th-14th (Need to have a more accessible show to bring up the GE scores. There seemed to be a disconnect there this year. The kids did everything they could form a performance standpoint).
-Blue Knights 10th-14th
-Troopers 11th-14th
-Colts 11th-15th
-Madison 12th-16th
-Music City 12th-16th
-Pacific Crest 13th-18th
-Academy 14th-18th
-Genesis 16th-20th
-Surf 19th-25th

Pretty close on your predictions.  I give you a 9.9 and 9.7 in the predictions caption (based on my purely subjective rating)

• Like 1