Carolina Crown 2023

1 hour ago, nsxanax said:

Make of it what you will. Last night’s prelims vis-a’-vis 2015. 

Had honestly forgotten what a miraculous run BD made to capture the gold that year.
yn88xyA.jpg74Xh45n.jpg

Remember, BD got a penalty in quarters - they were really 2nd.

And why'd you have to remind me of my 2nd worst night in DCI history. Worst was '87 finals. By far. I still get emotional when I think about that. I had never before, or never since, cried about DCI results. Well, I cried tears of joy at retreat in '88, but sitting in the stands as a Jr. Scout those were not tears of joy. I'm tearying up even now thinking about it. Still devasting 872 years later.

Edited by Vuitton

Just now, Vuitton said:

And why'd you have to remind me of my 2nd worst night in DCI history. Worst was '87 finals. By far. I still get emotional when I think about that. I had never before, or never since, cried about DCI results. Well, I cried tiers of joy at retreat in '88, but sitting in the stands as a Jr. Scout those were not tears of joy. I'm tearying up even now thinking about it. Still devasting 872 years later.

2015 hurt so bad. Was my second time at finals and wanted to be there when Crown won their second, and the air got sucked out of that dome like it was outer space. I will never forget that feeling of extreme happiness after Crown's show to just being gutted when they were announced second. Everyone seemed in a state of shock leaving that stadium and seeing the members going to the buses outside was devastating.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

2015 hurt so bad. Was my second time at finals and wanted to be there when Crown won their second, and the air got sucked out of that dome like it was outer space. I will never forget that feeling of extreme happiness after Crown's show to just being gutted when they were announced second. Everyone seemed in a state of shock leaving that stadium and seeing the members going to the buses outside was devastating.

Yeah, to me I still don't understand how they lost. I hated that #### show in June but it was MAGIFICENT in August. I still think they should have won. One of the very few results I wholeheartedly disagree with. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

And why'd you have to remind me of my 2nd worst night in DCI history. Worst was '87 finals. By far. I still get emotional when I think about that. I had never before, or never since, cried about DCI results. Well, I cried tears of joy at retreat in '88, but sitting in the stands as a Jr. Scout those were not tears of joy. I'm tearying up even now thinking about it. Still devasting 872 years later.

Thanks for filling in the blank. Found it inconceivable that BD was sitting @ 4th. 

Penalty explains it all…👍.

• Like 1

For the 2nd time in two days: let’s do this thing.

• Like 2