Carolina Crown 2023

16 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

[Darn DCP restrictions -- can't post FB links or upload photos. If someone can help out, I'd be greatly appreciative.]

On FB, Matt Harloff posted a touching pic and post of Freddy Martin and him holding the 2023 Jim Ott award. Matt says this was Freddy's first Ott award he helped earn and it was as part of the Crown staff.

Thank you Freddy and Matt!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10159418163226135&set=a.495575466134

zZgIdHN.jpg

CO4pObn.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

Funliner Productions just did a great reaction video to the show with a lot of nuanced reaction stuff that I think some of you would like. Go check it out!

On 8/29/2023 at 12:29 PM, karuna said:

Such a consistent sound from this player and such an amazing tone with almost perfect tuning throughout. I love how intricate this tuba part is. Also love how he is thoroughly displaying the techniques that are taught by Harlof. The biggest thing I noticed (and this was especially evident in the ballad) was the breath out AND in with every staggered breath he took. Without fail. He went to no ends to make sure his tone was always centered and full and he sounded as if he could have kept marching another half hour with no problem. No loss of energy, no loss of tone quality throughout. He mastered the show.

I also noticed how clean the feet were in this headcam because as a contra they are often placed in the back of the ensemble and you get to see everyone in front of them. This corps preaches exclence from the traditional marching and playing perspective. Difficult show performed at the highest level. I love it. 

• Like 3