Phantom Regiment 2023

3 hours ago, Rocketman said:

And who would that be? 😁

Look, whatever it is, or isn't, should be unique to the production. I'm not sure there is anything 'new' that hasn't already been tried by someone at some point. I still maintain that cleaning what you have, even if it doesn't involve a new or unique move, is better served in the long run.

They could try that thing where they run-through the drum major with a spear at the end. They did that in 2008. Nobody will remember that move at this point. 

• Haha 4

2 things from 80's performances that I'd love to see in a show again:

1983: Flag Transfer from guard to horn line and back to guard

Also 1983: guard grabbing extra rifle while their own is under the arm, spinning, and then tossing over to neighbor before starting to spin their own rifle.

Surely we could work this into this year's show, right? No? Okay, how about 2024 then?

• Thanks 1

How about a rotating DNA strand Rockford File?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, regimentlvr said:

PR has 3 days off after today. Anyone know if we should expect more additions to the show, or just some more cleaning?

I have zero sources at phantom but finals is still quite a way away so it’s way too early to not be adding something constantly to the show. Allentown seems to be when some corps generally freeze the additions while others keep going all the way up to finals. Cleaning never stops…

4 hours ago, RebelGTP said:

2 things from 80's performances that I'd love to see in a show again:

1983: Flag Transfer from guard to horn line and back to guard

Also 1983: guard grabbing extra rifle while their own is under the arm, spinning, and then tossing over to neighbor before starting to spin their own rifle.

Surely we could work this into this year's show, right? No? Okay, how about 2024 then?

Two words: High Step

• Like 1

Been noticing on Flo that you don’t see close up camera shots from the field. Wonder if they were getting the way of the judges?

11 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

Two words: High Step

Another thing I can get behind so I like the way you're thinking! The crowds would absolutely lose their #### if a current corps lent tribute to the ways of yore then blended into current practice!

This show just POPS in the dome lights.

Phantom creative team totally wrote this for the finals environment and it's just stellar.

• Like 4