Phantom Regiment 2023

32 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

I guess they are going to live or die with that ending. I guess we'll know in 2 weeks.

That company front though. The timing last night was just perfect. I am gonna say though....the SUTA yell at the music gap right before that first step off of the company front was a bit annoying. Maybe it's just because I'm not an alumni of PR. I dunno.

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

That company front though. The timing last night was just perfect. I am gonna say though....the SUTA yell at the music gap right before that first step off of the company front was a bit annoying. Maybe it's just because I'm not an alumni of PR. I dunno.

Not like PR is asking people to do the yell there. 

That’s just a fan addition. I don’t mind it, any audience engagement is good 

• Like 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

Oh I know Cappy. And I don't dislike that the fans do it 99.9% of the time. Heck, throw babies, toss beach balls (I miss the beach balls.) In THAT moment, It was just kinda....meh. Again, it's a me thing and certainly shouldn't color anyone else's perception. 

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

I just feel the ending is disjointed where they have the FOP (front of power) and transition to the Bari solo and then another transition to the up-tempo section. To me, the untrained ear, it doesn't flow well.

Rocketman, you know I agree with you almost all the time, but I have to admit I really like the end. The flag toss at the end of that huge build up is complete shivers down the spine. Where I do agree is that there is too much time between that and when the solo starts. It feels too final, and confuses the folks who have not seen the show until then. I think doing a kick out will solve everything (ha ha).

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Apparently this fan has taken responsibility for adding it at a different spot

Edited by PRomoter

34 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

Apparently this fan has taken responsibility for adding it at a different spot

Ehhh, if it’s gonna be done, I like the way it was done last night haha. That one feels kind of awkwardly timed

2 hours ago, PRomoter said:

Rocketman, you know I agree with you almost all the time, but I have to admit I really like the end. The flag toss at the end of that huge build up is complete shivers down the spine. Where I do agree is that there is too much time between that and when the solo starts. It feels too final, and confuses the folks who have not seen the show until then. I think doing a kick out will solve everything (ha ha).

OMG! 😁

I just want it to flow better rather than coming across as three separate movements. Lets start with the front and just keep building the intensity all the way through to the end.

BTW, I still anticipate a chevron to replace the blob that is the form they build the front from. If I get that, you can have your 'kick out'.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok. I can’t hold it back any longer!!!!!! Got a copy of a video taken at rehearsal today that will probably be previewed in Allentown.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

Saw that. Did you see this dope ending?

Rick needs a Dino suit!

• Haha 1