Blue Devils in the Details 2023

2 minutes ago, TOC said:

But they still pulled out an 87.  Bodes well you'd think. 

Absolutely! Did you see all of my comment? That's exactly what I said. They had (by their standards) a bad run, and still slayed it. 

Totally bodes well for them. 

• Like 3

Was their Rose Bowl run considered "bad"? Because I was absolutely floored

1 minute ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Was their Rose Bowl run considered "bad"? Because I was absolutely floored

No! They lit up the Rose Bowl. I was there. Good Lord that was a phenomenal run!! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Sleeping in the air conditioned  dorms at U of WY, eating meals in cafeteria and rehearsing inside qualifies as resting from the rigors of tour.

LOL, Very True.  I have no knowledge of their current rehearsal situation since the extent of my communication with my kid last night was “PC might make finals.  Holy Crap!” (He’s a BD MM that endured regular tour woes with Gold, The Academy, and Pacific Crest).  

I guess they’re living the high life while rehearsing 12 hour days.  🤣

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Metalbinky said:

LOL, Very True.  I have no knowledge of their current rehearsal situation since the extent of my communication with my kid last night was “PC might make finals.  Holy Crap!” (He’s a BD MM that endured regular tour woes with Gold, The Academy, and Pacific Crest).  

That was basically my kid reaction as well lol. 

We texted last night more about PC than his own show. 

From what I gathered, the Mandarins kids are showing alot of love to PC and they are rooting for them. Awesome to hear. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Metalbinky said:

If you check Blue Devis calendar on their website you will see that their rehearsal schedule for today was 7.5 hours..  On show days Blue Devils  normally rehearse on average eight hours or less.  Two three hour blocks some days.  

• Like 2

This is why I did band for only one year, the schedule and other factors took a huge toll on my mental health. Luckily I'm still able to find ways to incorporate the marching spirit into my life. 

58 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

If you check Blue Devis calendar on their website you will see that their rehearsal schedule for today was 7.5 hours..  On show days Blue Devils  normally rehearse on average eight hours or less.  Two three hour blocks some days.  

I get it.  They take breaks!  lol.  To your point, I have heard that BD is not as physically exhausting as other corps.  It’s kind of fascinating actually.  They work smarter not harder and still manage to achieve greatness

• Like 4

I didn't know BD was back at Wyoming doing their rehearsals in the indoor facility. Found out on Instagram last night, from a post they've posted.

26 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I didn't know BD was back at Wyoming doing their rehearsals in the indoor facility. Found out on Instagram last night, from a post they've posted.

BD has the University of Wyoming on lock now. 

The facilities there are phenomenal too. 

That place will be a BD mainstay for years to come in my opinion. 

• Like 4