Blue Devils in the Details 2023

5 hours ago, Lance said:

i'm so curious about tweaks that are being made to the last few mins of the show.  what am in in store for next thursda when i can finally watch some dci again?

I was at their ensemble tonight, and they’re pretty pleased with the changed ending that was completed today!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tommeee said:

I was at their ensemble tonight, and they’re pretty pleased with the changed ending that was completed today!

the what 👀

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

the what 👀

Yes, the ending is changed.  The staff are pleased with it and described it as “definitely better”, although I am honestly not sure WHAT is different, as I wasn’t familiar with the previous version enough to notice.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tommeee said:

Yes, the ending is changed.  The staff are pleased with it and described it as “definitely better”, although I am honestly not sure WHAT is different, as I wasn’t familiar with the previous version enough to notice.  

new BD ending. … probable Crown set finally appearing … we’re gonna be eating this weekend, fam

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

new BD ending. … probable Crown set finally appearing … we’re gonna be eating this weekend, fam

I laughed at this because I thought you were implying that since Crown isn’t doing it (so far) that BD would just go ahead and do the Crown set. 🤣

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Rylan said:

I laughed at this because I thought you were implying that since Crown isn’t doing it (so far) that BD would just go ahead and do the Crown set. 🤣

Well why not! I think Matisse would have loved a Burger King cut-out crown. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rylan said:

I read it that way too, the first time. Made me stop and reread it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been out of touch on all things BD and without going through all these posts, did they ever get their 5th tenor replaced and in shows? 

23 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Been out of touch on all things BD and without going through all these posts, did they ever get their 5th tenor replaced and in shows? 

It seems they opted to leave the hole; drill-wise he was center and it looks like adjustments were easy to make. 

• Thanks 1

Worth the wait! It's beautifully done and a wonderful explanation of much of the show. There is no other word for the production other than masterpiece, especially when you see all the tiny details that go by so quickly. The content in all sections is just unreal. 

• Like 9