The Cavaliers 2023

"I have heard one of the lead brass instructors had to depart the corps in recent days. Not sure of the details, but hope all is well for the boys."

I heard Matt "Gameboy" Owen was gone but I'm not sure the general corps members know exactly why.

DCI shut down their practice this afternoon due to the heat. They are sitting on the buses.

15 minutes ago, Cavidad said:

"I have heard one of the lead brass instructors had to depart the corps in recent days. Not sure of the details, but hope all is well for the boys."

I heard Matt "Gameboy" Owen was gone but I'm not sure the general corps members know exactly why.

DCI shut down their practice this afternoon due to the heat. They are sitting on the buses.

Well from Facebook looks like he went to spirit

8 hours ago, DCI Fan 9287928734 said:

Thanks for that! He told me that the staff is being very careful about the heat, and they are keeping them inside for most of the day. I have to say that the staff seems to have definitely put the boys' well-being over competition for sure. Sure, not having the opportunity to run the show outside often will slow things down, but what you said is so important. It's about the experience and 20 years from now. 

Thank you for this. I think we all needed some calming words of experience. 

Nice show last night and it seemed cleaner than the previous show. Looking forward to tonight's performance. Competition gets tougher with some of the top ranked corps there. It will be interesting to see if scoring changes.

Best of luck young men!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

How cool would it be for The Cavaliers to make a run for High Percussion? They are certainly jamming out right now.

It would be so awesome and they truly aren't that far back for it to happen. Let's bring back the days where a non top 6 corps can win a caption. These types of things make DCI exciting and draw crowds. Not to mention could be an amazing stepping stone for the future of the corps. 

I'm traveling to Mesquite now, and only heard the show on Flo. Sounds like they're improving a lot. The passenger said the looked cleaner than ever. 

The guys are in great spirits from my limited conversations with a few members, but the heat is a problem for them.

Hey, we love them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm traveling to Mesquite now, and only heard the show on Flo. Sounds like they're improving a lot. The passenger said the looked cleaner than ever. 

The guys are in great spirits from my limited conversations with a few members, but the heat is a problem for them.

Hey, we love them.

It was definitely cleaner. Noticably so. Entire ending changed. Took out the Diamond Cutter (not sure why). Will be interesting to see if it continues to morph.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

CAVIES BEAT BD IN PERCUSSION! Tonight in Houston. Woof!

Yes they did. 

• Like 1