Madison Scouts 2023

This is just my personal opinion but 95% of the alumni have moved on and aren’t really interested in what is going on with the current corps. They attend a breakfast meeting once a month, meet at the tailgate before the home show, get together for other events like the ALS fundraiser in April, but they are really not all that interested in the current corps. I’m talking guys from the 60’s on up to around the 1990’s. 
There are about 5% that post on these sites that are frustrated with the corps  placements in recent years but as stated, the bulk of the alum still enjoys being together and rehashing old memories but rarely discussed the current corps. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Tupac said:

This is just my personal opinion but 95% of the alumni have moved on and aren’t really interested in what is going on with the current corps. They attend a breakfast meeting once a month, meet at the tailgate before the home show, get together for other events like the ALS fundraiser in April, but they are really not all that interested in the current corps. I’m talking guys from the 60’s on up to around the 1990’s. 
There are about 5% that post on these sites that are frustrated with the corps  placements in recent years but as stated, the bulk of the alum still enjoys being together and rehashing old memories but rarely discussed the current corps. 

Exactly right. 

26 minutes ago, TenHut said:

The op said that Madison purged the toxicity when they added Girls. I think he/she maybe assumed that an all male organization just must be toxic, which couldn't be further from the truth with the Scouts. 

No that's not what I said. By not interacting with the Madison Strong types that simply want to burn down the house, they purged THAT toxicity.  Sorry if I wasn't clear. 

Madison has a proud legacy but you surely wouldn't know it from the way a large contingency of alumni have been behaving. 

• Like 1

I may be wrong when I said large contingency base don your last comment if what you say is true. Let me replace large with loud. 

4 hours ago, C.Holland said:

You don’t enjoy the sexist 1960s views that just help nothing?  Next thing you know you’ll want non segregated schools and third valves on bugles. 

In Bb as Hy Dreitzer intended 

3 hours ago, TenHut said:

No one is forced to read posts here. You can choose what you read. No one has been hostile on this thread. It is opinions and debate which is healthy. Can you imagine if we all agreed on everything? We can disagree and still be respectful of each other. No need to shut people down or up. 

Hostile? Ummm…. Doxxing for sure wasn’t cool

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lance said:

Soooo, anybody else love the music Madison's doing this year?  I do.  

I’m digging it a lot. Most I’ve liked them in 7 years

3 hours ago, Lance said:

Soooo, anybody else love the music Madison's doing this year?  I do.  

I also really enjoy their show this year. That's a really tight race right now. Lots of shuffling before the summer is over. 

FOR THOSE ACCUSING TOXIC MASCULINITY

I urge you to learn about the Madison Scouts by watching Scout's Honor: Inside a Marching Brotherhood. If, after viewing that movie you still think Madison wasn't "inclusive" and was an environment that creates toxicity, you may need to look inside yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1