Madison Scouts 2023

25 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

Spirit will definitely beat them, then we have to worry about Music City and Genesis.

Semifinals is 25 corps, so the Scouts will no doubt be there, but this is most likely going to be a drop in placement from last year. 

And, again, nothing will change.

Don't forget open class can also perform in world class prelims. Gold and Spartans are probably the only ones that can potentially pass performing WC corps.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Vuitton said:

Semifinals is 25 corps, so the Scouts will no doubt be there, but this is most likely going to be a drop in placement from last year. 

I still base how good a corps is according to the 17 corps Semi-final. There are only 20 World Class corps! Adding 8 additional corps to semis makes it almost laughable for a World Class corps to celebrate that they made the Friday night show if they're #s 18 - 25. 

Maybe the lowest ranked World Class corps should be allowed to compete for the Open Class Championship since that's who they are competitive with. Based on each of their latest scores, Madison is .5 behind Blue Devils B, but they're 15.65 behind Blue Devils. Let's see a battle between Madison and Concord again.

Edited by Gantang
  • Like 1

Maybe the worst needs to happen competitively in order to initiate some changes by someone/anyone?…….

45 minutes ago, bobjective said:

Maybe the worst needs to happen competitively in order to initiate some changes by someone/anyone?…….

The leadership still falls back on one little sliver of Scott Stewart's prep talks and after-show debriefs. "Scores don't matter". Except they do.

Souvie sales and the quality of auditionees are based on how well a corps competes. BD doesn't get the cream of the talent every year because the auditionees want to hear applause. They pursue the best chance to get a ring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobjective said:

The worst already happend in 2018 and nothing changed. Now a new worse will happen this year when they finish lower than 16th. Nothing will change.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

The worst already happend in 2018 and nothing changed. Now a new worse will happen this year when they finish lower than 16th. Nothing will change.

It's sad that people are saying it's to the Scouts' advantage that BD B isn't going to Indy since they probably won't drop to 18th!

• Like 1

I am clearly in the minority on this forum, but I think this show and Madison's performance is better than what they're getting credit for. 

I personally think the gap between Madison and PC is absurd, but I guess that's why I'm not a judge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I am clearly in the minority on this forum, but I think this show and Madison's performance is better than what they're getting credit for. 

I personally think the gap between Madison and PC is absurd, but I guess that's why I'm not a judge. 

We wont really know until everyone is together, and even then, those intermissions certainly put people in groups they cant get out of. 

Im glad you have a positive outlook on the show. I think the membership deserves much better. 

• Like 1

I marched at the height of the scores don't matter era. I agree to an extent, but it was a lot easier to talk that game when 6th was the worst case scenario. This is hard to watch. The kids and teaching staff are doing a great job with what they've been given, and that's all I'll say about that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mad Mello said:

I marched at the height of the scores don't matter era. I agree to an extent, but it was a lot easier to talk that game when 6th was the worst case scenario. This is hard to watch. The kids and teaching staff are doing a great job with what they've been given, and that's all I'll say about that.

Yeah, and even that "scores don't matter" BS that has always been spouted from the Scouts wasn't true. In '88 when we got 4th at DeKalb everyone was upset. There are still brothers who think we should have been 4th in '89, which I give a HUGE LOL to. We deserved 7th. So scores have always mattered, at least to a degree.

• Like 1