Madison Scouts 2023

1 hour ago, Steven Rocco94 said:

This current BOD at Madison are a bunch of spineless sycophants that will never stand up to Komnick. They will not put pressure on him, they will not ask the tough questions, they will not hold him accountable for his horrible leadership. Being a bully that gaslights and deflects blame….and alienates a huge base of high income alumni that would be happy to donate/support… and refers to them as “old balls”…,is NOT a leader! Jim Mason was a true leader who brought back and galvanized many alums….but Komnick was threatened by his strong personality and couldn’t deal with a true “alpha” being in the same room….so he canned him! Nothing will change. They will fly this flaming wreck into the ground and blame everyone else. I hope this BOD proves me wrong and finally does something, but I doubt it.

100% spot on and we'll said Steven 

27 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Why do you all think Jim Mason can change this? Times change and trying to recreate something of the past can't fix the future. Mandarins are proving that right now going out and getting young new people with high skill sets. 

All of this. The activity has moved on, and his track record at Scouts, from a programming standpoint, was uneven, at best, and not particularly competitive. Fact is, the last time they were relevant in that department was the Carmen show in 2005, which was literally eighteen years ago.

They'd be better off looking for a team of young ones who have some cred in the WGI world and start all over, understanding that ambitious failures will be more valuable than meh softballs (like this year's show). Eventually they'll find some kind of stride, if they're allowed to have some breathing room.

15 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

All of this. The activity has moved on, and his track record at Scouts, from a programming standpoint, was uneven, at best, and not particularly competitive. Fact is, the last time they were relevant in that department was the Carmen show in 2005, which was literally eighteen years ago.

They'd be better off looking for a team of young ones who have some cred in the WGI world and start all over, understanding that ambitious failures will be more valuable than meh softballs (like this year's show). Eventually they'll find some kind of stride, if they're allowed to have some breathing room.

I mean they have that in all of the caption fields but not design that I remember 

1 hour ago, MM2006 said:

Prayers answered! Program Coordinator and drill designer out at Madison. Boerma still in for now. 

There's hope! 

Are you assuming they were fired or do you consider the possibility of them leaving of their own free will and a potential forthcoming staff exodus to be a good thing for the future of the corps?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

Are you assuming they were fired or do you consider the possibility of them leaving of their own free will and a potential forthcoming staff exodus to be a good thing for the future of the corps?

Can't it be both. Leave on your own because you know you're getting fired and looks better?

6 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Can't it be both. Leave on your own because you know you're getting fired and looks better?

Maybe. depends on the circumstances that only those people truly know. In all honesty, its all speculation since we don't know anyone was getting fired and we don't know who decided to leave because it is not a situation they enjoy being in any longer.

22 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

Maybe. depends on the circumstances that only those people truly know. In all honesty, its all speculation since we don't know anyone was getting fired and we don't know who decided to leave because it is not a situation they enjoy being in any longer.

I would only see people leaving if new person wants new direction.  The two that left are the two that needed to leave.  You have many new people on the perc team that can build that program back up and the brass have been fine.  Boerma back will be huge and I expect a very madison show next year.  Drum corps fans dream part modern