Bluecoats 2023

4 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

From what I understand, and I don’t understand crap about drums, there were a couple of minor and uncharacteristic breaks that pulled the percussion score down … fix those and their score should pop back up.

Yep. Lots more fuzz than usual and some weirdness with some cold attacks mostly in the snares. I feel like the tenors have marched two super clean shows in a row. 

Bluecoats are the master of pulling my emotions. I love the show and the message it sends. 

• Like 2

BD is not a point and half better than Bluecoats. That is a BS score. Just keep doing what you are doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ContraFart said:

BD is not a point and half better than Bluecoats. That is a BS score. Just keep doing what you are doing.

Not gonna change. BD plans every single aspect of their existence to win the technical points that amount to gold. They recruit the most skilled kids, pay the most to the best teachers…heck they have the best sound system. They are a winning machine, they have the goose that lays the golden eggs, and until that doesn’t work anymore they’re gonna keep mining that same creative concept. Over and over and over again.

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Not gonna change. BD plans every single aspect of their existence to win the technical points that amount to gold. They recruit the most skilled kids, pay the most to the best teachers…heck they have the best sound system. They are a winning machine, they have the goose that lays the golden eggs, and until that doesn’t work anymore they’re gonna keep mining that same creative concept. Over and over and over again.

So no other corps plans? No other corps has great teachers? No other corps has talented members? I am so effing sick and tired of the superiority complex of BD. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

So no other corps plans? No other corps has great teachers? No other corps has talented members? I am so effing sick and tired of the superiority complex of BD. 

They are superior. I mean look at the gold medals. I totally respect their craft, I just find it a bit cynical. It’s the same concept over and over again, even some of the same arrangements and passages. 

I get that Crown has their things too. Cavaliers, Cadets, even Coats. But 95% of BD is intentionally reflective of things they did last year and the year before. It’s the same concept over and over again, and until the judges stop rewarding it—they obviously are not gonna change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Which "BD" are you talking about? The 6-7 or so Hall of Famers we saw on the field tonight (with a new addition)? The staff and the MMs who are the most humble and hard-working ones I've ever met in this activity? The corporate entity? The 501(c)(6) non-profit? The youth education leader? The one that allows kids aged 8-22 to march all 3 levels of the activity plus special needs? Please be specific with your complaint so the complaint department can correctly address your query. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1