2022 BluRay/DVD/Audio Cd

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

True.  Unfortunately, licensing law raises an exponentially higher hurdle for a set of corps videos, as opposed to separate videos for/from each corps. 

yup. it's a money loser for DCI

I have been buying selling/purchasing DCI physical media for some time as I was worried about this happening in the future. It seems the future is now.

I purchased the 2016 DCI cd digitally through Amazon digital and low and behold yesterday I pulled it up for a listen and it said "No longer available".

I called Pepwear to see if there might be a physical copy available that wasn't listed on the website and as I guessed there was not.

Certainly a lesson and case for the physical copy when issues like this arise. 

2 hours ago, copyright said:

I have been buying selling/purchasing DCI physical media for some time as I was worried about this happening in the future. It seems the future is now.

I purchased the 2016 DCI cd digitally through Amazon digital and low and behold yesterday I pulled it up for a listen and it said "No longer available".

I called Pepwear to see if there might be a physical copy available that wasn't listed on the website and as I guessed there was not.

Certainly a lesson and case for the physical copy when issues like this arise. 

You can still get 2016 thru the Marching Music downloads website…

On 11/6/2022 at 2:22 AM, bayareafan said:

Seems like a major loss to the activity  if they don’t produce a dvd.  These licensing issues are ridiculous. 

DVD is dead. BluRay isn't much better. Streaming is where we are, and every Finals performance is available online now, all you have to do is look. Agreed that the sync rights costs are stupid, but even if that weren't necessarily true, the cost of mastering the discs requires sales well past what is likely to happen these days, so here we are.

1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

DVD is dead. BluRay isn't much better. Streaming is where we are, and every Finals performance is available online now, all you have to do is look. Agreed that the sync rights costs are stupid, but even if that weren't necessarily true, the cost of mastering the discs requires sales well past what is likely to happen these days, so here we are.

I know I am a dinosaur when it comes to this, but there is no comparison for me when it comes to streaming vs bluray.  You don’t get the SOUND via streaming that you do with Tom Blair’s mastered bluray.  With a good system, the experience is as close as you can get to being there…and maybe even better than being there 🙂 And while HD streaming has become much better picture wise over the last couple years, the bluray picture still wins in my eyes…every time.  
I guess I will just continue to enjoy the fact that I at least have bluray options from 09 to 2019…I still get goosebumps and charged up when I watch those in my basement, for the 100th time! Lol

1 hour ago, leed17 said:

I know I am a dinosaur when it comes to this, but there is no comparison for me when it comes to streaming vs bluray.  You don’t get the SOUND via streaming that you do with Tom Blair’s mastered bluray.  With a good system, the experience is as close as you can get to being there…and maybe even better than being there 🙂 And while HD streaming has become much better picture wise over the last couple years, the bluray picture still wins in my eyes…every time.  
I guess I will just continue to enjoy the fact that I at least have bluray options from 09 to 2019…I still get goosebumps and charged up when I watch those in my basement, for the 100th time! Lol

Great point, there is something to be said about the Bluray being totally "produced". 

13 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Seems most things are a money loser for DCI.  

the amount of sales don't cover the licensing costs. not even close

14 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Seems most things are a money loser for DCI.  

DCI is an experience sold to students. Tickets mean nothing. They’re almost superfluous.