Pulling the plug

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I manage to watch every corps over three days in Indy.  

We had a system at DCA prelims and finals. Due to age and other problems we couldn’t stay thru all of Prelims. So get there at very beginning to see the corps that wouldn’t make finals. Then partway through the top corps it was “ready to go back to the motel and recover? What we miss today we’ll catch tomorrow at finals”.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

We had a system at DCA prelims and finals. Due to age and other problems we couldn’t stay thru all of Prelims. So get there at very beginning to see the corps that wouldn’t make finals. Then partway through the top corps it was “ready to go back to the motel and recover? What we miss today we’ll catch tomorrow at finals”.

That’s pretty much what I do over three days.  I need a break to get up and move around and I’m not eating that godawful garbage in that stadium, either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

That’s pretty much what I do over three days.  I need a break to get up and move around and I’m not eating that godawful garbage in that stadium, either. 

Yeah we didn’t spend all the time in the stands. Heaven forbid Kris didn’t go out and meet “the usual suspects” during Prelims. And I’d hear about it if we missed anyone.
Standard joke was “ok you got your kiss from Hairbear, we can go back home now” 😈😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Any show I go to I watch every corps. For streaming I watch as many as life allows. Same for WGI percussion 

I called it quits on attending shows when electronics were added. One of the most attractive things about drum corps to me was the purity of the sound of just brass and percussion. I'm thankful that I aged out in one of the last few years before DCI went the way of being essentially "professional marching band". The greater move towards even more electronics, woodwinds, giant prop and modern art costume dance troupe crap that occurred in the following few years only reinforced my decision to leave drum corps in my past. 

• Like 1