Just an idea, SCV

23 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Moving to North Texas because the Rennicks are there is a dumb reason to move.   

Where a Corps rocates should be based on rehearsal facility availability, tax advantages, fund raising opportunities, local support, potential to recruit locally (for all programs offered (i. e., Corps, Winter Guards, Winter Drum lines,wind symphony, and others), location of nearest airport for out-of-town member, etc. (Cadets ticked many of these boxes in their move to Erie)   

Relocation site should not be decided because 2 instructors (who could be hired by some other Corps in future) currently live there.  

aka the Rennicks when it comes to facilities for rehearsal

5 hours ago, OpenClassAlum said:

Agreed. I'm not saying a Texas corps can't succeed and I'd love to see a corps from DFW grow into a top-tier corps, but it seems like a lot of folks are convinced a move here would fix everything for a corps that's history and tradition is distinctly tied into the vibes and attitude of Santa Clara county.

i think the move is a disaster in waiting IMO

SCV changing the zip code on their letterhead may end up being a moot point if they continue to hemmorage members and staff to other corps. Talk about "fiddling while Rome burns"...

1 hour ago, craiga said:

SCV changing the zip code on their letterhead may end up being a moot point if they continue to hemmorage members and staff to other corps. Talk about "fiddling while Rome burns"...

Changing the zip code requires a lot of institutional change…and expense