Troopers 2023

Actually, if Troop wants to keep on brand with "old west spaghetti western" they should get a jawbone to play instead of [closeup] APPROXIMATING [/closeup] the sound with a vibra slap.

Edited by KVG_DC

I want a jawbone vibra slap feature now by August!  

p.s. if they actually do this, I'll die laughing about it.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

I feel like the Troopers have a great show. But I also contend that they could add so much to this production to make it ever stronger. I enjoy that husky Troopers sound though. Thematically, it is developing a cheese factor and I hope it does not grow stale. Colts have already seemed to have passed Troop, so I hope they continue marching onward!

I can see Troopers & Colts fighting it out for a while. Colts are cleaner, but I think Troopers have more demand and much more ‘meat’ musically.  Colts guard is better; long term Troopers need to develop guard program same way they have with brass & percussion.   Short term - re-write & clean clean clean.  

Also think there is a 100% chance a sunburst is coming; hoping that they add material so the rope makes more sense visually, esp in the last 2-3 min.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

BTW- I propose that the trebuchets are actually Troop-buchets. 

As the coiner of Academy’s xylobones, I second this. Best drum corps portmanteau in a while. 

• Haha 1

I'm not sure what to think of this show. I love it musically and I would love it visual if they used someone elses horns, dind't wear uniforms and had different silks. I just hate the colors of this show, espeically the gold horns. But I love the music and the visuals. The colors are just awful to me.

And what is with that prop. What's the significance? What's the point of it? It is the coolest thing I've ever seen on the field and I'm mesmorized by it. Maybe that's the point, but can someone help me out here.

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, Vuitton said:

I'm not sure what to think of this show. I love it musically and I would love it visual if they used someone elses horns, dind't wear uniforms and had different silks. I just hate the colors of this show, espeically the gold horns. But I love the music and the visuals. The colors are just awful to me.

And what is with that prop. What's the significance? What's the point of it? It is the coolest thing I've ever seen on the field and I'm mesmorized by it. Maybe that's the point, but can someone help me out here.

Ummmm..... its the sun, as in "Lasso the Sun". 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, steeldrum said:

Ummmm..... its the sun, as in "Lasso the Sun". 

Yes, I gathered that much, but it is a very unusual prop and they don't do anything with it other than move it around.