Troopers 2023

Any reports from mid-season rehearsal block? 

I would appreciate a reconnaissance report on what those rowdy rascals are up to. You know they're changing some ####.

53 minutes ago, radiosteele said:

I would appreciate a reconnaissance report on what those rowdy rascals are up to. You know they're changing some ####.

shhhh.   

I got to see Troopers live in Ft. Collins at DATR.  Love, love, love them.  Incredible how much more talented and powerful they are this year - with another leap up with the drum line, a big jump from the hornlike, and an improved guard vs last year.  The show doesn't have the powerhouse tear down the stands ending from last year (yet anyway), but the entire show is very strong, enjoyable and impressive.  Way to go Troopers!  I don't see this corps lower than 10th in Indy, and they may just nip someone for 9th.  (we shall see how my thoughts shift if at all after going to San Antonio Saturday).  Congrats Troopers!  This is, IMO the best corps Troopers have had in at least 40 years. So happy to see that.

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

They make electric harmonicas

and this one is at the very least mic'd up to heck to get through the sound board to the speakers if not an electric harmonica itself to start with (which it probably is).   I mean a natural reed harmonica is NOT gonna carry across the field...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

did not know that, though I confess I had never spared a brain cell to wonder about it, either. Except for the use case of playing one at the 50 yard line of an NFL stadium, why would anyone ever want one?

Amped up for some contemporary stadium country music show probably

Or playing on the range hooked up to an amp run on a methane fueled generator from the cows?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, radiosteele said:

Looking at the recaps, brass and percussion are ranking high.  The weak spot seems to be color guard.   I've been watching the shows and the guard looks fine to me.  There are a few timing issues but, maybe I'm not understanding. With this week providing some good practice days.  I'm look forward to better guard scores.