2023 DCA Competitions

stansea

10 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I've heard the stadium in Kingston is being renovated/replaced. 

Could be the reason for no Kingston show this year.

Or I could be totally wrong. In which case, carry on. 😂

so would you announce it?

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2023 at 11:49 PM, Jeff Ream said:

so would you announce it?

Sure!!! Been doing it every year since 1965!!! 😂

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2023 at 7:48 PM, Fran Haring said:

Sure!!! Been doing it every year since 1965!!! 😂

60th Anniversary coming up soon!!!!

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2023 at 11:34 PM, Jeff Ream said:

running against Allentown was never a good idea. DCA tried it in Scranton one year and had MBI come in and it didnt draw as well

It's probably best for DCA to run with Allentown than run against it or not have a show at all. Having a massive crowd, including high schoolers who would generally be able to march DCA more than DCI at that point (cheaper tuitions, locality, staying at home and not having conflicts with the summer), should be a massive recruitment source for DCA and the corps showing up, let alone a bigger fanbase. Sure, not many people know about the DCA as much, let alone Hawthorne and Reading's history, and it might be an empty crowd until the Bluecoats perform, but it can definitely help the organizations as well as the circuit grow.

2 hours ago, godzilla5123 said:

It's probably best for DCA to run with Allentown than run against it or not have a show at all. Having a massive crowd, including high schoolers who would generally be able to march DCA more than DCI at that point (cheaper tuitions, locality, staying at home and not having conflicts with the summer), should be a massive recruitment source for DCA and the corps showing up, let alone a bigger fanbase. Sure, not many people know about the DCA as much, let alone Hawthorne and Reading's history, and it might be an empty crowd until the Bluecoats perform, but it can definitely help the organizations as well as the circuit grow.

crowd will be big enough and could entice some DCA fans that generally don't go to DCI shows to come out. the #1 issue i have seen time and time again DCA corps at Allentown is performing earlier than usual throws them off their game

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

crowd will be big enough and could entice some DCA fans that generally don't go to DCI shows to come out. the #1 issue i have seen time and time again DCA corps at Allentown is performing earlier than usual throws them off their game

100% true. Could be better if DCI did bigger random sorting for regionals and put them at a middle time instead of 6pm...

23 hours ago, godzilla5123 said:

100% true. Could be better if DCI did bigger random sorting for regionals and put them at a middle time instead of 6pm...

that wont happen...making judges switch sheets mid show then switch back is a huge no no. if you judged them all on the same sheets maybe but the DCA corps scores would go down a lot

On 4/15/2023 at 4:14 PM, ironlips said:

Wait. How old was Fran in '65? Maybe 12? Drum Corps' Youngest Announcer?

Seven years old that summer.  I didn't even know about drum corps yet, but somehow I was announcing the Kingston show!!! 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Seven years old that summer.  I didn't even know about drum corps yet, but somehow I was announcing the Kingston show!!! 🤣

Yeah but you were missing your tv shows. 😡 Well that’s what I would have worried about at that age.

Edited by JimF-LowBari