Mandarins 2023

Great job tonight, Mandarins!  I love the Cadets, Mandarins and Phantom battle!  Keep on Sinnin'! 

• Like 6

Well, the bad news is that for Allentown, Mandarins' score drops them into the 7-9 group for performance order. The good news is that the other 2 corps in that grouping are performing on the other night of Allentown. So it SHOULD still be Mandarins and Cadets/Phantom all in a row (unless Boston gets a lousy draw).

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 3

Just heard from my boy. 

He said the energy was there tonight, but they were clearly suffering from no rehearsal time with what happened yesterday. 

On to Annapolis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Studying the recaps from San Antonio, McKinney, Monroe and NightBeat, we are starting to see a pattern. Brass and percussion is what's holding the Mandarins back. Every other caption they are either leading or on par with Phantom and Cadets. 

Two captions, brass and drums appears to be the Achilles heel. 

Not sure what can be done if anything with 12 days left on tour.

Edited by Chief Guns

27 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Studying the recaps from San Antonio, McKinney, Monroe and NightBeat, we are starting to see a pattern. Brass and percussion is what's holding the Mandarins back. Every other caption they are either leading or on par with Phantom and Cadets. 

While this is true, it’s been inconsistent. Tonight Mandarins percussion score was close enough that it wasn't as much of a liability. The brass judge tonight essentially called the show by having Mandarins a full point behind Cadets—a significantly larger spread than any other time they’ve seen each other. Maybe Mandarins had a really off night that wasn’t as obvious on Flo, or maybe Fabrizio needs more time to familiarize herself with their show (I believe this was her first read of Mandarins). I’m hoping this was just a blip or that the next time she sees them (she WILL be at Indy, I have no doubt) she’ll be significantly more impressed. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

It was the exact same last year, but their brass and percussion scores really solidified by finals.. Hoping for the same this year again.

• Like 4