Mandarins 2023

12 hours ago, DAYGO said:

Great job tonight, Mandarins!  I love the Cadets, Mandarins and Phantom battle!  Keep on Sinnin'! 

Respect to you. And I appreciate you being one of the classy ones unlike a couple of other people representing your corps. I hope your boy is having the time of his life right now. 

That Cadets opening hit is thing of beauty, and that ballad...........nothing else to say. Can't wait to hear it live in Indy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'd say get it as clean as a whistle and shape the dynamics as much as they can.  The show is a rock star and will be loved the whole way through no matter where they place. They have put DCI on notice.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Studying the recaps from San Antonio, McKinney, Monroe and NightBeat, we are starting to see a pattern. Brass and percussion is what's holding the Mandarins back. Every other caption they are either leading or on par with Phantom and Cadets. 

Two captions, brass and drums appears to be the Achilles heel. 

Not sure what can be done if anything with 12 days left on tour.

Brass issues can be improved upon considerably in 12 days, but the percussion is a little more exposed and difficult to address.  Either way, they're going to have a record-high placement and may earn a top 5 or top 6 placement!

Totally special year! Let's have 'em make this placement or higher a routine happening!

Incidentally, if you look at the Cavalier's score relative to Cadets, it's getting pretty tight if you dare to add the Cavaliers into the discussion with Cadets, Mandarins, and Phantom.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Just heard from my boy. 

He said the energy was there tonight, but they were clearly suffering from no rehearsal time with what happened yesterday. 

On to Annapolis. 

My daughter said the same.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

Your daughter is texting you? She must be missing you a little bit even if she won't admit it. 😉

She definitely admits it, it's just a once a day I love you or miss you text. Or an I need more money text...🤷‍♀️😂

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, MandarinMom said:

She definitely admits it, it's just a once a day I love you or miss you text. Or an I need more money text...🤷‍♀️😂

It's the passive aggressive... "I love you, oh wait, can you transfer some money to my account" move. I know that move well. Haha!

• Haha 1

It's like that Lionel Ritchie song. "I just called...to say....send money.  And I mean it from the bottom of my heart." 

• Haha 4

Just heard from my boy. Corps had the day off in DC. 

Back to work tomorrow, ready to light up Annapolis!

Roll out the TNT..........BOOM!!

• Like 6

Aw! I hope they had a great time. There's tons to do here.  Looking forward to the show. 

Where are they staying?