Mandarins 2023

23 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

A little historical recap of 2023.......

Highest score in corps history.

Highest placement in corps history. 

Undefeated vs Phantom Regiment.

Undefeated vs Cavaliers.

Beat the Cadets during the season for first time ever.

Took Music Analysis over Bloo in San Antonio. 

Took some subcaptions over Crown at three straight shows. 

Job well done!

And JW winning Director of the Year!

• Like 4

On 8/13/2023 at 8:59 AM, Chief Guns said:

A little historical recap of 2023.......

Highest score in corps history.

Highest placement in corps history. 

Undefeated vs Phantom Regiment.

Undefeated vs Cavaliers.

Beat the Cadets during the season for first time ever.

Took Music Analysis over Bloo in San Antonio. 

Took some subcaptions over Crown at three straight shows. 

Job well done!

Nice list.

‘\\\ were also undefeated (7-0) vs. Blue Stars in 2023. Understandably not included in your list due to Blue Stars placing 11th and the point spread between the two, it was only three seasons ago, on 7/10/2018, that ‘\\\ outscored Blue Stars for the first time in World Class. And, with Blue Stars outscoring ‘\\\ the next 28 times (1-9 in 2018, 0-11 in 2019, 0-8 in 2022) and placing ahead those three years (8th, 8th, 7th), the 2023 head-to-head is noteworthy.

Correction: ‘\\\ outscored Cadets for the first time in World Class before 2023, on 7/24/2019. See https://www.dci.org/scores/final-scores/2019-dci-southern-mississippi

• Like 3

@Chief Guns I got to thinking—I thought I recalled you saying that your son mentioned there was still “more to come” beyond the spinnerman addition, but (surprisingly) there wasn’t any significant change to the ending at Allentown or Indy. It made me wonder if they tried something out but it didn’t work as planned so they scrapped it. Any chance of getting an inside scoop? 😁

9 hours ago, brassboy said:

@Chief Guns I got to thinking—I thought I recalled you saying that your son mentioned there was still “more to come” beyond the spinnerman addition, but (surprisingly) there wasn’t any significant change to the ending at Allentown or Indy. It made me wonder if they tried something out but it didn’t work as planned so they scrapped it. Any chance of getting an inside scoop? 😁

He is coming home on Saturday, so I can ask him. But I think they extended the final chord in the closer when they are spinning the members. I believe my son said it was extended to 24 seconds. So that could be the change? 

32 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

He is coming home on Saturday, so I can ask him. But I think they extended the final chord in the closer when they are spinning the members. I believe my son said it was extended to 24 seconds. So that could be the change? 

It definitely went longer at finals than I remember early on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

It definitely went longer at finals than I remember early on. 

I could swear that last chord is still going on. Release coming on Friday, which is why Chiefs' son is coming home Saturday.  

:bigsmile:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, DAYGO said:

I could swear that last chord is still going on. Release coming on Friday, which is why Chiefs' son is coming home Saturday.  

LMAO! Almost spit out my drink reading that. Too funny!

He has his own off campus apartment near Cal State Fullerton, which is where he goes to college. 

He is coming home to our house Saturday for a welcome home from tour dinner. Wife is making all his favorite foods. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DAYGO said:

Those poor kids on the spinners.  I bet the guard has had to take shifts to keep them going.

• Haha 3