2023 Blue Stars

I don't know what the heck is going on with their scores of late.  But this show is still on one of my favorites!  Percussion seems to be working out their things and if/when the brass get locked back in, they can hopefully bounce back.   I know they had the broken prop a few nights ago, handled it masterfully, and that was, in my head, an accounting for that night's flat score but the recent one baffles me.  

Here's to hoping they keep their hearts in this show and the buy in because when they sell this show, it sparkles!

• Like 4

Maybe they have had lots of internal member turnover this summer - I'm am not in the know but they have been constantly marching gaps (look at the opening rifle and flags in the cubes) and their show has neither evolved that much nor gotten significantly cleaner, like it normally does.  I hope they are going to water some parts down (esp guard) since by finals, no one gets points for attempting but never achieving stuff!

17 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

Maybe they have had lots of internal member turnover this summer - I'm am not in the know but they have been constantly marching gaps (look at the opening rifle and flags in the cubes) and their show has neither evolved that much nor gotten significantly cleaner, like it normally does.  I hope they are going to water some parts down (esp guard) since by finals, no one gets points for attempting but never achieving stuff!

They got a 92 in content last night why would you want to water that score? They had a guard member get a hand injury which if you watched all summer also hit the flag triangle on the 50. Could be the same person that started in the cube. Everyone marches holes all summer from sick to injured sitting out to injured sent home. Why put someone out there that's hurt just to fill a space. And if you march your dots correctly then it doesn't matter because you maintain the presence of a hole and get rewarded 

14 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

They got a 92 in content last night why would you want to water that score? 

How do you calculate content to get a 92?  CG 9.2 x 10?

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

They got a 92 in content last night why would you want to water that score? They had a guard member get a hand injury which if you watched all summer also hit the flag triangle on the 50. Could be the same person that started in the cube. Everyone marches holes all summer from sick to injured sitting out to injured sent home. Why put someone out there that's hurt just to fill a space. And if you march your dots correctly then it doesn't matter because you maintain the presence of a hole and get rewarded 

Having a constant hole in their opening rifle and then flag work on the cubes has to be hurting. 

Why water some parts down?  Because whilst they had a 92 for content they had an 87 for achievement. And somehow they have to close the gap between the WHAT and the HOW. There has to be some compromise and their overall dirtiness is going to hurt visual and GE scores. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

Having a constant hole in their opening rifle and then flag work on the cubes has to be hurting. 

Why water some parts down?  Because whilst they had a 92 for content they had an 87 for achievement. And somehow they have to close the gap between the WHAT and the HOW. There has to be some compromise and their overall dirtiness is going to hurt visual and GE scores. 

They don’t seem to be cleaning at the same rate as others. Maybe it’s too much demand yet again. 

15 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

They don’t seem to be cleaning at the same rate as others. Maybe it’s too much demand yet again. 

This is my point. 

I hope they manage to clean. I love BS and hope their staff are making smart decisions

• Thanks 1