2023 Blue Stars

2 minutes ago, brians said:

Its not what im really asking for...or the point.   Would you, or the general audience spectator, been able to write this after seeing their show upon a viewing.  

Here is what you asked. "What does, phantom, cavilers, crowns, blue devils, blue coats, etc... show all mean."

I answered for the "bluecoats".  I really have not information on the "blue coats".  Maybe you were asking about them.  Above you have a reference to what the Blue Devils show is about.  I'd even guess that there is a description of the Blue Stars out there.  I'm pretty sure each corps provides these to the judges to give hints about what's up in their shows.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

What happened to an actual summer vacation?

The summer vacation starts in May ... to avoid the heat ... And May/June around here was pretty nice.

3 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Here is what you asked. "What does, phantom, cavilers, crowns, blue devils, blue coats, etc... show all mean."

I answered for the "bluecoats".  I really have not information on the "blue coats".  Maybe you were asking about them.  Above you have a reference to what the Blue Devils show is about.  I'd even guess that there is a description of the Blue Stars out there.  I'm pretty sure each corps provides these to the judges to give hints about what's up in their shows.  

its not the point.... anyway, enjoy the drum corps season... 

• Like 1

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Completely different topic for another day but will we see the your model change because of schools changing? Colleges normally end in April. 

Not when I was in College.  My UCLA graduation was on June 15, 1969.

10 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

What happened to an actual summer vacation?

it’s too hot for all that ngl

Sooooo, what do school schedules have to do with the Blue Stars currently sitting in 11th place? 
...Just a note. The Crossmen put up quite a score, last night, and 12th place isn't too far behind 11th place, now. 
Dropping from 7 to 11...maybe 12...should serve as a wake up call that instruction and show design isn't working. It seems like there is more going on than just a one year, we had a concept and it didn't work, show. 

Edited by corps8294

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

Sooooo, what do school schedules have to do with the Blue Stars currently sitting in 11th place? 
...Just a note. The Crossmen put up quite a score, last night, and 12th place isn't too far behind 11th place, now. 
Dropping from 7 to 11...maybe 12...should serve as a wake up call that talent recruiting, instruction, and show design isn't working. It seems like there is more going on than just a one year, we had a concept and it didn't work, show. 

Section scores are good - design sections are bad. Judges don't like it but give credit to members for performing it well. It's exactly a it didn't work let's fix the problem next year. It's sideshow part 2 not 2012. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Section scores are good - design sections are bad. Judges don't like it but give credit to members for performing it well. It's exactly a it didn't work let's fix the problem next year. It's sideshow part 2 not 2012. 

What I don’t understand is they have had all season to make changes and fix some of the design and performance issues but out of the World class corps, BS seem to have made the least changes (implying the staff believed it was good design).  It also seems out of all World class corps they have improved the least. Hence why many of us believed they were fighting for 5-8th at the start of the season but now are sitting in 11th with 12th place breathing down their necks!

Would love to know what had happened! 

Edited by DCI-86
  • Like 1