Crossmen 2023

Anyone else watch the preview?  Lots of good things there, opener is nice.  Show has a lot of potential.   Battery is super aggressive.  Some hard stuff in there.  

I think they’re right in the thick of the finals battle for sure.  Excited to see it finished.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Anyone else watch the preview?  Lots of good things there, opener is nice.  Show has a lot of potential.   Battery is super aggressive.  Some hard stuff in there.  

I think they’re right in the thick of the finals battle for sure.  Excited to see it finished.  

I liked it better than last year. It's a bit hard to judge from such a high view on the stream they had. I am a bit biased since their center snare assists me in the fall but I'd like to see them do well.

• Like 1

Based on what I saw and heard, I think they'll do fine this year.  It looks like they are going very light on props--just two big backdrops that match up with the drill concepts.  

They are still four days from their competitive debut on July 7th.  They'll face Madison, Troopers, and Colts, as well as higher ranked corps.  Their position in the hierarchy should be apparent at that show.

IDK ;  better than their 2022 program ;  but no where near the " ###### " coolness of 2019.  Somehow the Crossmen have transitioned out of the pandemic much less hip and way less creative.  I agree that the video that was provided falls considerably short with regards to an accurate assessment of the overall show quality so one can't be too critical of show design at this point, but if the best comments folks can give is : " they will be in the thick of things with regards to finals "  that doesn't bode well in my opinion.  The Crossmen play is way too safe;...its 2023 ; and the best that they can do is start off with a Beatle's hit ;  I hope that I am wrong; hopefully it will not be a long and winding road from both a competitive and performance standpoint this summer.  The  sights, sounds, and memories  from the Boeing parking lot in Ridley Park at alive and rooting for the 2023 Crossmen.  It's almost showtime.  Let's do Bones proud.

I wanna see this kind of creativity again out of them.

That flags and umbrellas work in the block was just astoundingly good by end of season.  I'm still peeved that it got cut from the DVD because sync rights for Funeral for a Friend were a problem.   It was one of the shows I didn't keep from my collection because "finals will be on the DVD."  Sigh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

I wanna see this kind of creativity again out of them.

That flags and umbrellas work in the block was just astoundingly good by end of season.  I'm still peeved that it got cut from the DVD because sync rights for Funeral for a Friend were a problem.   It was one of the shows I didn't keep from my collection because "finals will be on the DVD."  Sigh.

Didnt this design team quit?  I definitely liked their sound with Markworth writing everything

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Didnt this design team quit?  I definitely liked their sound with Markworth writing everything

No idea.  I lost track of comings and goings during the pandemic.  I just remember seeing that block at finals from high cam and hearing Funeral for a Friend and going "oh wow....that is.....amazing."

Ed Devlin needs to go    Past few years it's the same crap      Stale and boring shows      I don't see them at finals  sadly, although they may benefit from SCV being out this summer.     They keep changing out staff when they should strive for consistent high quality staff   Only consistency is Ed leading them into mediocrity 

on the premier show I want them to come out and destroy it but it just isn't so     I saw many large marching errors     Brass was ok  intonation an issue     Booping the best but there is a ton of cleaning