DCI Tour premier moved from Detroit?

9 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

The Tour Premier date is when DCI wants it to be.

They could work work around conflicts if they wanted to keep it in Detriot.

It could also be at another facility

If I recall it was at Indy a few times.

It was in Indy a few times. 

Truth is, it's expensive. It's expensive to do the movie theatre thing. It's expensive to try to build hype around a tour premier with only 6 corps in attendance. 

10 hours ago, college-phan said:

tbh, i think DCI functions better as a product in college stadiums, not that that’s a novel idea or anything. but it’s cheaper and always feels a bit more intimate than huge, cavernous NFL stadiums, not to mention the sound and all. but then ofc, you have to deal with weather and the like so idk. imperfect situation ig

Keeping in mind, however, that 46 of the 50 largest stadiums in the U.S. are college stadiums.  Only 4 are NFL stadiums.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Keeping in mind, however, that 46 of the 50 largest stadiums in the U.S. are college stadiums.  Only 4 are NFL stadiums.

Yes but college stadiums are still more intimate. NFL stadiums with their club levels and endless suites are generally physically larger than college stadiums with a higher seating capacity. This is especially true when it comes to the domed NFL stadiums. 

16 hours ago, crownisking said:

Yes but college stadiums are still more intimate. NFL stadiums with their club levels and endless suites are generally physically larger than college stadiums with a higher seating capacity. This is especially true when it comes to the domed NFL stadiums. 

Had to read your post twice.

College stadiums have more seating capacity.

NFL stadiums are larger buildings, especially the domed ones.

Got it!

On 6/22/2023 at 7:44 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Apparently stadium in Detroit cost too much.  DCI seems to be in a cost-minimization mode. 

The real reason for abandoning Ford Field in DTW & Mercedes Benz in ATL is folks like me do not want to spend money on a flight, hotel, Uber, tickets, and all other expenses just to experience weather issues in a dome facility.  (tongue meet cheek)

But seriously, I've attended just about every "premiere" in Indy & Detroit except for last year.  I've always attended the SE Championship in ATL as well but will not in the poorly designed Olympic stadium @GSU.  

I did purchase SW tickets in SAT & have my hotel booked, but it's looking like I'll have a conflict with my work schedule.  Anyone need some great seats for San Antonio championships next month?  I guess I'll put them on Stubhub & DCP Marketplace.  I really did enjoy the ATL shows in the dome...

If true that Mercedes Benz wanted $300k, then based on 10k tickets = $30 per ticket?  I'd pay an extra $30 on my ticket.  But I might be the exception? 🤔