Pacific Crest 2023 “Goddess”

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I am hoping PC can tap into that hot bed of SoCal talent. 

Quite a few kids from SoCal hopped on planes and flew to other parts of the country (and the state) to march. If PC can keep some of those kids home to go along with the amazing talent they currently have...........lookout. 

If PC can keep the majority of their staff together there is no doubt this is just the beginning.  All the younger / newer members are already talking about how they can recruit talent for next year (including from outside Cali).  The corp wants the right talent that will fit in with the culture (learning and growth first).   It seems many of the other corps who were on the upward rise were disrupted by staff changes in one form or another.   Looking forward to seeing PC finish this season strong and then continue to try and do it the right way for consistent results in the future!!!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, spacewill said:

If PC can keep the majority of their staff together there is no doubt this is just the beginning.  All the younger / newer members are already talking about how they can recruit talent for next year (including from outside Cali).  The corp wants the right talent that will fit in with the culture (learning and growth first).   It seems many of the other corps who were on the upward rise were disrupted by staff changes in one form or another.   Looking forward to seeing PC finish this season strong and then continue to try and do it the right way for consistent results in the future!!!

Yes! Amen to that! I would love to see PC crack the top ten in the next few years! How amazing would that be?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Yes! Amen to that! I would love to see PC crack the top ten in the next few years! How amazing would that be?

I would love it!  When you get to be part of that experience and see first hand how awesome the adult leadership is and what they do for the kids it just makes it easy to cheer for them!!!

• Like 2

As someone who has been following CA drum corps for a few decades, I want to say how happy and excited I am for this organization's huge rise this season. I am sure this corps set a goal at the beginning of the season, and I suspect they are already meeting, if not exceeding, their expectations. Just to be in the Finals conversation is a HUGE accomplishment, and I suspect now that everyone can see and feel it in his/her/their grasp, everyone is now hungrier and more motivated than ever. 

Wishing you all the best the rest of the way! Let's keep 3 CA corps in Finals! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

3 consecutive rehearsal days coming up next, I believe in this corps!  

The best they can do is control what they put on the field and listen to their staff and believe.  In the end they can only control that and should be proud of the excellence they achieve as they do it.  We all know how close these corps are and on any given night how 1 judge can impact any of the 3 or 4 fighting for the spot.  Excited that they are even in the conversation and given the run and holes yesterday still kept it close without putting their best product on the field!  The definitely have growth in their show so I will be excited to see what it looks like on Friday!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spacewill said:

The best they can do is control what they put on the field and listen to their staff and believe.  In the end they can only control that and should be proud of the excellence they achieve as they do it.  We all know how close these corps are and on any given night how 1 judge can impact any of the 3 or 4 fighting for the spot.  Excited that they are even in the conversation and given the run and holes yesterday still kept it close without putting their best product on the field!  The definitely have growth in their show so I will be excited to see what it looks like on Friday!!! 

Agree! I think just smelling Finalsis enough to motivate them to work extra hard these last 2 weeks before Indy. I do admit I'm growing concerned with the lack of improvement I'm hearing in their brass over the last week or so. I really hope they can clean things up and perform on August 12th!

• Like 1

Ok PC, you've had 3.5 days of well needed rest and practice!  Let's bring it tonight and tomorrow and take back that 12th spot!!! Respect to the corp (kids and staff) for bringing a new level of performance and excitement this year!

• Like 1

Lots of good in the recap tonight where I'd expect it!  

• 3rd in guard, been a strength all year. 
  • 4/3/4 in GE 1 with achievement ahead of Troopers?  Love it!  
  • 4/6/5 in GE 2?  4th in content is a great place to be!  
  • Straight 4ths in Visual Analysis?  Great! 
  • 4/5/4 in Music Analysis?  Great!  

Keep pushing!  

• Like 3