DCI Corps at the Crest - San Diego 2023

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

Maybe not quite that much.  

I’ve got a show planned for one of my clients that’s going to go all out on lighting effects that I’m super hyped about 👀

As someone who builds our son's high school props, please don't put 30 to 40 highly complicated structures in your design!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

I’ve got a show planned for one of my clients that’s going to go all out on lighting effects that I’m super hyped about 👀

Are they laser focused this year?

1 minute ago, spacewill said:

As someone who builds our son's high school props, please don't put 30 to 40 highly complicated structures in your design!!!!!!

Just backdrops and a versatile prop we pimp out to match the show for us 🫡 

And band parents are the GOATS.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

You going Ben Davis HS (Indiana) circa late 1980s where everyone has a string of 4 flashcubes mounted on their instrument and a rip cord to set them off during the final chord?  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Since someone else mentioned it, here's Vessel's history as far as I am aware:

90s-early 2010s - City Sound drum corps

--Folded--

Early 2010s - Orange County Independent Percussion begins competing in PIO in WGI and SCPA competition.

2014 - Orange County Independent Percussion competes in WGI PIW class finals for the first time (after finishing 2nd in PIO in 2013).

2015 - OCI World controversially misses PIW finals in their second year.

2016 - OCI World rebrands/relaunches as Broken City, skyrockets to 3rd place after missing finals the prior year as OCI. Orange County Independent continues to live on in the form of a newly created group, originally intended to be a "feeder" indoor group for Broken City, and competing in PIO.

2017 - Orange County Independent Open rebrands to Vessel Percussion after the indoor season due to the next point. 

2017-2018 - Revival of City Sound under new name in partnership with Orange County Independent, which simultaneously rebranded to Vessel Indoor alongside the launch of Vessel Drum Corps. 

2019 Onward - As far as I know, Broken City Percussion and Vessel no longer have any ties to each other as organizations, including as a feeder organization setup.

I believe Vessel Indoor (percussion and newly launched guard) are still part of the same organization, but I can say with some certainty that there is very little, if any, crossover with membership. I'd also be surprised if there was much crossover in staff beyond admin.

Wow.  That's quite an interesting lineage actually. I knew they had some times to WGI indoor percussion but not all this ins and outs of it all.

3 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Hmm, I didn't think BDB was looking any smaller than usual. Looks like they have just shy of 70 brass, a full drumline & front ensemble, and a massive guard. I imagine they're still at about 140ish?

Yeah, ~143 I believe.