History will be made!

On 7/6/2023 at 7:47 PM, Fran Haring said:

I don't follow the activity anywhere near as much as I used to, but I still am impressed at how the overall quality level of the DCI product just seems to get better and better, year in and year out.

We can have our discussions/disagreements about whether we like this or that... electronics, choice of show themes and costumes, visual vs. music, entertaining/not entertaining, etc., but man, the top 17 corps, and beyond, are so strong on the field. (Off the field, a topic for another day. LOL)

Today's 17th-place corps was a solid finalist not too many years ago, and so forth. And breaking into the top 5 or 6... that is rarified air.

Maybe it’s always been this way, but the gap between the top four and the rest is so obvious now that I think a layman could see it. Are the rest better than in previous seasons? Don’t know, I suspect not. But the top four are SIGNIFICANTLY better than the “best” of historical DCI, and that to me is plainly obvious.

On 7/6/2023 at 12:51 AM, Chief Guns said:

I think at finals next month, we will see four corps crack the 97+ scoring barrier for the first time in DCI History with (in no particular order) BD/Bloo/BAC/Crown. 

We came close to this feat in 2008 and 2013. 

What a great season this is shaping up to be. 

This can definitely happen. And look at the freaking Troopers!!!!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

This can definitely happen. And look at the freaking Troopers!!!!!!

For the 2nd year in a row they've silenced those who couldn't see how good they were.  Very gratifying for me as somebody who saw nothing but huge potential from their first show onward both last year and this year.   

Not so sure about the top 4 making 97 though.  Would be awesome for sure.  

• Like 1