Everything's Coming Up Rose Bowl (July 8, 2023)

13 hours ago, Cappybara said:

People will probably find this annoying, but I'm going to post it every single show leading up to the first meet-up between all the top corps: BD is going undefeated this season, and it will not be close. 

Pretty sure you made this prediction public here before anyone else. Now many will agree that it might happen. 

Edited by lawdn
Clarity
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DrumCorpsRelic said:

Congrats to PC on a nice Jump to a 71.100. I realize, i am adressessing a Cal Corps Loving Crowd at the moment on DCP. But PLEASE, show some Respect and not ignore the other "Dark Horse" starting out at a good trot from Arizona.

THE ACADEMY also scored a 71.100 and made an impressive Rose Bowl Performance, 4.1 jump in score, in its only second previous performance in San Bernardino.  Perhaps "Respect," may be bit much to ask from DCP folks this early in the 2023 Season? I can acknowledge, from my many years on DCP, and reading through countless threads, where contributors maintain "Blinders on," either ignoring or worse penning fault towards Corps outside their "Elite" Chosent.

But I think it fair, to ask more DCP folks to consider voicing some well earned credit due in the direction of THE ACADEMY and the many "Other" World Class Status Corps as Well. Just Saying, from my Boston Rocker. LOL

All the Best and Happy Trails to All Corps making their way through their 2023 Competitive schedules. Godspeed and ENJOY!

"DrumCorpsRelic" Simplex Minutemen, Gardner, MA. Marching Member 1965-72. Arizona Sun, Board Member 1991-93, THE ACADEMY 2004-15 Volunteer/Touring and a Forever Fan.

I am here and ready to cheer the Academy. Yes, they are off to a great start and I am enjoying their show and see the potential. It is a pity they won’t visit NorCal but it is understandable given how crazy the west schedule got this year.

If people have been quiet about the Academy, they may be like me, who was ecstatic for the rise of the Academy in 2015-2017 as a fan favorite and one-time finalist, and then with the improved talent they had attracted gave us their 2018-2019 shows which went in a very different direction and had a tougher time getting crowd engagement or the finalist-level scores the members seemed capable of. All that is truly ancient history, so….

Go, the Academy! Back on the rise!

Edited by lawdn
Typos
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, lawdn said:

I am here and ready to cheer the Academy. Yes, they are off to a great start and I am enjoying their show and see the potential. It is a pity they won’t visit NorCal but it is understandable given how crazy the west schedule got this year.

Academy is scheduled to be at both the Stanford and Sacramento shows. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

My only thing is, why repeat it continuously though? I feel like that is safe to say fairly that it does come off as obnoxious. Not to say that everything you are is obnoxious, unnecessary or whatever and attacking your person as some could potentially, it happens when anyone roots for the top dog in anything really. It’s simply the action of repeating the sentiment is what I have an issue with.

Having a really hard time following the grammatical structure of this comment

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going to put this here as it probably won't get recognition in the OC threads, but Gold threw down last night!! Absolutely loved the changes they made to the closer and the rose bowl crowd ate it up. 

Going to be a great battle between Gold and Spartans when they go head to head. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lawdn said:

Pretty sure you made this prediction public here before anyone else. Now many will agree that it might.

Indeed. I also predicted a 2nd place finish for Crown and 5th place finish for Phantom. Both of those are still very much up in the air, but trending in the right direction 😊

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Going to put this here as it probably won't get recognition in the OC threads, but Gold threw down last night!! Absolutely loved the changes they made to the closer and the rose bowl crowd ate it up. 

Going to be a great battle between Gold and Spartans when they go head to head. 

I heartily agree. Based on viewings on Flo, Gold was one of the corps I was most excited to see live. They delivered!

• Like 1

BD presented a master class in the use of color, movement and elevating the art of performance. 2023 BD is gunning for top percussion and colorguard and GE captions and the show is designed to showcase those section. I can only imagine how the show will develop, last night score of 84 was too low for what was presented on the field. Blue Devils coming in HOT!!!!  

• Like 5