You've Lacrosse the Line!

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Just not have seen Bluecoats. My grandma has their uniform in her closet

I absolutely love the  bluecoats uniforms.    They fit the show and are very creative.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

this will be so interesting a couple weekends form now.  love colts and troop in very different ways.  troop's brass book is a lot more challenging especially since they move so much more while playing, but colts sound beautiful and it's one of my faves musically this year.  exuberant.  

Do you get the sense the troopers are overplaying parts.  Where if they backed off just slightly it would be so much nicer?

• Like 1

I imagine laying that much tarp in the wind would take time. And up the risk factor of when they move over them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RIguard said:

I absolutely love the  bluecoats uniforms.    They fit the show and are very creative.   

This I agree with too. But they ARE zany. 

Phantom open has a spooky feel tonight!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spacewill said:

Do you get the sense the troopers are overplaying parts.  Where if they backed off just slightly it would be so much nicer?

I don't get that sense, but I think I know what you're hearing.  To me, there are places that sound muddy because there are so much dissonance built into pretty much every chord they play.  If the balance isn't just right then it can have the same sound quality of what you're talking about.  I think it's going to take time.  I like how they only play a basic major or minor triad like three or four times in the show, but I feel like there needs to be a little more relief.  

Speaking of relief.  Listen to those phantom mellos.  Holy heck.  And then the low brass shines a little later.  Several times, lol. 

• Like 1

Tuba feature into the circle is cool 

• Like 1

Just now, Lance said:

I don't get that sense, but I think I know what you're hearing.  To me, there are places that sound muddy because there are so much dissonance built into pretty much every chord they play.  If the balance isn't just right then it can have the same sound quality of what you're talking about.  I think it's going to take time.  I like how they only play a basic major or minor triad like three or four times in the show, but I feel like there needs to be a little more relief.  

Speaking of relief.  Listen to those phantom mellos.  Holy heck.  And then the low brass shines a little later.  Several times, lol. 

Ah, that makes sense!  Yeah, Phantom is killing it...so clean.

• Like 1