The Battle for 12th!!!

12 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

If they both make Finals, who is out - Colts or Troopers?

???I don't want to say Troopers

44 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

If they both make Finals, who is out - Colts or Troopers?

No one below them is going to knock Colts or Troopers out.  They are light years ahead of how good they were last year, both of them.  Great to see such strength from corps who hadn't tasted finals for quite a while.  Awesome trajectory that I hope both can sustain.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Onionhead2 said:

I said it before, Crossman and Spirit both make finals.

That is absolutely not happening. Colts & Troop not being on the Finals chopping block is one of the safest bets you can make up and down the rankings this season. While I personally think both designs (and corps themselves) are exceptionally better than the four below them, it's not a personal opinion - use the data available. There is a clear, insurmountable tier between those two and the four directly below. Colts have been consistently untouched in any caption or sub caption by the units in 12th-16th (consistency across all captions has been their growth key), and while Troopers are scoring lower in guard each night (and a GE performance caption here & there), their music scores across all 6 sub captions at every show give them a high-number bulwark of padding that puts their basement at 11th.

Colts & Troop have figured it out. There is simply not room for 2 corps from the Xmen/PC/BK/Spirit tier this season. 

Edited by Jake W.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jake W. said:

That is absolutely not happening. Colts & Troop not being on the Finals chopping block is one of the safest bets you can make up and down the rankings this season. While I personally think both designs (and corps themselves) are exceptionally better than the four below them, it's not a personal opinion - use the data available. There is a clear, insurmountable tier between those two and the four directly below. Colts have been consistently untouched in any caption or sub caption by the units in 12th-16th (consistency across all captions has been their growth key), and while Troopers are scoring lower in guard each night (and a GE performance caption here & there), their music scores across all 6 sub captions at every show give them a high-number bulwark of padding that puts their basement at 11th.

Colts & Troop have figured it out. There is simply not room for 2 corps from the Xmen/PC/BK/Spirit tier this season. 

You might be right….. but I don’t think so.

4 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

No one below them is going to knock Colts or Troopers out.  They are light years ahead of how good they were last year, both of them.  Great to see such strength from corps who hadn't tasted finals for quite a while.  Awesome trajectory that I hope both can sustain.

2022 finals

11. colts

12. troopers

35 minutes ago, Onionhead2 said:

2022 finals

11. colts

12. troopers

They came in 11th and 12th last year, but this year they are scoring 3-4 pts higher than the group of corps fighting for 12th, including the Crossmen and Spirit. That's a big lead with 6 or 7 shows left. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

They came in 11th and 12th last year, but this year they are scoring 3-4 pts higher than the group of corps fighting for 12th, including the Crossmen and Spirit. That's a big lead with 6 or 7 shows left. 

It’s going to be interesting

4 corps within 3/10 of a point for 12th!  This is going to be a dogfight all the way through semifinals!!!!

• Like 1

To me, the “battle for 12th” this year, and in more recent years, seems to be a bit watered down compared to the past.  With corps such as SCV, Glassmen, Blue Knights, Madison, The Academy, Crossmen, and Spirit of Atlanta either gone or rebuilding, it seems a bit “easier” to make the cut.

I’m happy for corps such as Troopers, Colts, Pacific Crest, and Music City. But I’m hoping for a few more corps competing for Indy on a Saturday night in the years to come. For some of the corps on the bubble, they have a golden opportunity to advance up the competitive ladder. 

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Confused 3