Sinning in Sactown (Capital Classic, July 10, 2023)

A bit warm here ( 90° ). Beautiful facility; exceptional for a high school. I’ve seen community colleges that are not as nice!  Really looking forward to this show.  Nothing tops a live show, even after following drum corps for 65 years!  (Yeah, I’m an old f*rt!) 😜

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brassboy said:

Much warmer than Stanford! About 92 degrees right now with a very light (read: ineffective) breeze. Beautiful facility but unfortunately not a very high seating area. Show starts in a little over an hour, heard three tubas are out for mandarins tonight. 🥺

IMG-5771.jpg

Just heard from my son. He is one of the three tubas out tonight. He is sick. Sounds like he caught a cold. :(

• Sad 7

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Just heard from my son. He is one of the three tubas out tonight. He is sick. Sounds like he caught a cold. 😞

That sucks!  Hope he recovers soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Just heard from my son. He is one of the three tubas out tonight. He is sick. Sounds like he caught a cold. 😞

Hoping for a quick recovery for him and for all the members who are sick or injured!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Aw. Get well soon, chief jr. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Impulse

IMG-5773.jpg

Is that sound just punching you in the face?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Impulse

IMG-5773.jpg

I’m still further to the left! 😀

Must be tough when you only March 13 brass and seven guard. Important thing is they are on the field doing something worth while. Yea, Impulse 

• Like 2

Impulse: Yesterday’s guard scores really got my attention, so I watched their 7 amazing guard members most of the time and was blown away. Those are some talented guard kids and they’re doing some really great work really cleanly. The percussion is quite strong as well. Great way to kick off tonight’s show!

• Like 2