Phantom Regiment 2023 Drill

Edit: I posted the original question (below) in jest. I apologize for the distasteful nature in which I initiated this thread. I'm just curious to hear if others have noticed a significant lacking in marching/marching and playing in this show. People have asked "who cares?" But, I actually do as a long-time supporter and participant of the marching arts. I am all for innovation and the evolution of the activity as corps try new things to advance it. But with something so fundamental to the activity, I don't understand why others wouldn't be concerned about the activity moving so far away from what actually distinguishes the activity as the "marching" arts.

Where is it?

*Share ONE high-impact drill movement where the corps is MARCHING (preferably playing as well) besides the move into the company front and last four sets. Can you?

Edited by KaiKai
expanding on reason for asking the question and typo
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, college-phan said:

Who cares?

I 100% agree with you. Literally who cares?

On the joking side, now you got a inside look at what it's like to be a BD fan, and having to roll your eyes every time a troll comes thru. Lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I 100% agree with you. Literally who cares?

On the joking side, now you got a inside look at what it's like to be a BD fan, and having to roll your eyes every time a troll comes thru. Lol.

Haha, I'm actually a longtime fan of Phantom... But, I'm genuinely curious in hearing people's thoughts specifically on that aspect of their show. With how much the activity has been changing and evolving, I do actually find it concerning that corps' visual programs are able to score so high without actually marching (or marching and playing). That's one of the foundational aspects of marching band/drum corps (marching arts).

5 minutes ago, SJugster said:

i don't think your opinion is a bad one nor worth discussing however the way you ask the question has something left to be desired

I get that. I did ask in jest. So I apologize for it being distasteful.