To Encore or not to Encore in Utah 23

2 minutes ago, Cop said:

This is what I expected for PC after Everglow, but the virus set them back.  It's fantastic to see them back where they were headed.

Same here brother. 

Covid hit everyone hard. But I feel like the momentum PC was carrying into 2020 was affected more than anyone. 

• Like 2

i'm a BK homer, but not surprised at all that PC won tonight. It was well deserved. The margin may be a bit big, but I thought PC was better tonight.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tony L. said:

To everyone questioning my knowledge of geography, please relax.  The point is that until all corps are at the same contest, judged by the same panel, the scores are just informative, not determanitive.  And for the record, I am a well documented fan of Mandarins and Pacific Crest.  Just check prior posts.  Oh, and just for the record, "West Coast Inflation" is the well known reference to those corps who BEGIN their tours in California and make their way to the first intersection with everyone else.  So please all calm down.  🙂

Sorry we didn't understand what "west coast inflation" meant since it's not a real thing. 😉

I'm just having fun with it. I know scores are just arbitrary, but it's still the only measuring stick we have until SA.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tony L. said:

To everyone questioning my knowledge of geography, please relax.  The point is that until all corps are at the same contest, judged by the same panel, the scores are just informative, not determanitive.  And for the record, I am a well documented fan of Mandarins and Pacific Crest.  Just check prior posts.  Oh, and just for the record, "West Coast Inflation" is the well known reference to those corps who BEGIN their tours in California and make their way to the first intersection with everyone else.  So please all calm down.  🙂

I failed Philosophy 101 but this entire logic seems contradictory. how can scores 'not be determinative' and yet be 'inflated'? It can't be both.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

If you go off most recent scores (which I agree means absolutely nothing at this point), Mandarins would be in 5th ahead of PR and less than a point behind Crown.

• Like 3

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

If you go off most recent scores (which I agree means absolutely nothing at this point), Mandarins would be in 5th ahead of PR and less than a point behind Crown.

I think Mandarins are in the conversation with PR.  Crown's score isn't reflective as it's 3 days old. There is no doubt Crown will post a 85+ their next outing!  You can gauge that by Bluecoats score who have gone head to head with Crown on multiple occasions this year.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

Totally agree. 

But on the other hand, (head to head or not) If someone said Mandarins would be less than a point behind Crown AT ANY POINT THIS SEASON a few months ago..........that person would have been laughed off DCP. 

Now do I believe Mandarins are really a point behind Crown......... NO!

Even this Mandarins Dad needs to be realistic and take off the homer glasses lol. 

But it's nice to see how far Mandarins have come. 

• Like 5

It's still early in the season.  We saw with the troopers last year how fast a late season surge can happen.  14th in SA with BK in the top 12 and by Worlds Troopers are finalist and BK is on the outside looking in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, resipsaloquitur said:

I failed Philosophy 101 but this entire logic seems contradictory. how can scores 'not be determinative' and yet be 'inflated'? It can't be both.

See how easy it is to get people talking on this forum.