Prettiest Town...Corps there won't treat you mean in Abilene - 7/18/23

Not televised and most of the finalist will be at this tiny show called Broken Arrow! 🙂
7:00 PM Gates Open
8:20 PM Welcome & National Anthem
8:30 PM Guardians - Houston, TX
8:47 PM Seattle Cascades - Seattle, WA
9:04 PM Spirit of Atlanta - Atlanta, GA
9:21 PM Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA
9:38 PM The Academy - Tempe, AZ
9:55 PM Music City - Nashville, TN
10:12 PM Mandarins - Sacramento, CA
10:29 PM The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL
10:54 PM Scores Announced
  • Thanks 3

It will probably be a quiet thread but here are some of the big things to watch when the scores are revealed:

Update: How did I miss this:

1A.  Mandarins and Cavies meet up for the first time. Should be exciting to see how their scores matchup!

Original:

1B. First matchup between Music City, SOA, PC, and The Academy...how will this East/West merging show in the scores?  This will play out the 12th place spot.  Too bad BK isn't back tonight to really see where everyone matches up.

2. Will the judges reset the scores seen in Canyon for PC, or was that a reset of PCs score which we will see again in Abilene (talking the GE and Percussion)

3. How hype will the corps and fans be knowing that majority of DCI fans are gonna watch Broken Arrow on Flo, and those in the stands may be dual streaming it and watching Abilene live and/or following the BA thread to get instant feedback.

Best of luck to all corps marching tonight and stay hydrated!

Edited by spacewill
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

Gonna go ahead and try a prediction since this thread is too quiet compared to Broken Arrow!

1. Mandarins – 85.00
  2. Cavaliers – 84.60
  3. Pacific Crest – 79.70
  4. Spirit – 79.45
  5. Music City – 77.60
  6. Academy – 77.25
  7. Cascades – 67.40

Nice, My thoughts.  

1. Mandarins – 85.2
  2. Cavaliers – 83.2 (I just don't see them on the same level as Mandarins and Phantom)
  3. Pacific Crest – 79.70 (This is where they would have been + next day improvement had the "judge we won't reference didn't do his thing at Canyon
  4. Spirit – 77.4 - I think they are more in the realm of The Academy / Pre-Canyon BK room scores right now
  5. Academy – 76.8
  6. Music City – 75.0
  7. Cascades – 67.40
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Nice, My thoughts.  

1. Mandarins – 85.2
  2. Cavaliers – 83.2 (I just don't see them on the same level as Mandarins and Phantom)
  3. Pacific Crest – 79.70 (This is where they would have been + next day improvement had the "judge we won't reference didn't do his thing at Canyon
  4. Spirit – 77.4 - I think they are more in the realm of The Academy / Pre-Canyon BK room scores right now
  5. Academy – 76.8
  6. Music City – 75.0
  7. Cascades – 67.40

Nice, it'll be fun to see how that PC-Spirit-Academy-Music City group lands for the first time.

This is a big night for the Mandarins. While there is no doubt, they have received the most love of any corps this season to this point, I think there is still a lot of doubters out there, since the Mandarins haven't seen anyone in that 5-9 grouping all season. I think some others are waiting for "the other shoe to drop" and this fairy tale ride the Mandarins have been on comes crashing to an end. 

Not so fast. 

I think the Mandarins make a first of many statements starting tonight, that they are indeed a legit threat for top six. 

Cavaliers will have a decisive advantage in drums, and rightfully so. They are elite and possibly top three in percussion with BD/Bloo. 

Mandarins need to own the rest of the captions and show everyone this is not a fluke, and they are here to stay. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Have been in Abilene too many times.  It’s out there 😬 

But did you conquer the 96er?